• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Source Audio Nemesis Delay super pedal

Anyone have one? Used one?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Source Audio Nemesis Delay super pedal

Geez, you're on a roll with pedals, Scott. I'm learning a lot reading the responses.
    "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
    "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
    "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

This one gets a lot of raves on The Gear Page

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Yeah. I get on sort of an OCD type tunnel vision at times.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Ordered. Reports to follow

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

This is a serious jack of all trades delay pedal. Holy crap. More options than one can imagine. One thing very cool is you can hold down the tap tempo button and your current repeats just keep playing over and over until you take your foot off. So, you get some nice melody line working repeats, hold the tap tempo and then you can dry signal solo over the top of it.

Source Audio is trying to make this the last delay echo pedal you ever buy. And I've not even delved into the computer controlled models via the USB cable. There is a lot going inside this beast.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
              This is a serious jack of all trades delay pedal.

That's pretty ambitious. Usually 'jack-of all-trades' products do a lot of things but not necessarily very well. Quantity over quality. How good a job do you think this pedal does of all those things it tackles?
              "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
              "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
              "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

It got a big thumbs up in the latest issue of GP...their annual pedal issue.

Comment

I'm currently obsessing over Echoplex style tape delays. Admittedly I've got extreme tunnel vision on it these past few weeks. I expect an actual 60's echoplex to be in my shop at some point soon, yea, it's that bad.

It's nails it very well. I ran the Nemesis A/B against the Belle Epoch. The BE has a bit of boost to it, so I have to compensate with my guitar volume knob slightly. The Nemesis has way more options, different trails and such. In fact, I'd have to spend a lot more time with it this weekend to give a proper review. The BE on the other hand seems to have more a randomized warble mod effect when engaged.

The slap back setting on the Nemesis is really good as well. The bucket brigade analog model is well done also. There are some settings that I'm not exploring, like the reverse and the octave shift thing. I've not gotten into the software and had a deep dive yet.

However, jack of all trades, master of none is the actual phrase. I'd say so far, jack of all trades and master of several. That's my honest opinion, but I'm totally in the honeymoon stage. I've got the Nemesis, the Echorec and the Belle Epoch lined up together and waiting on a Vapor Trails to arrive as well.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

thats a lotta delay for a guy who used to plug straight in!

Comment

Congrats! The Nemesis is a great pedal! The options, tone, looks, size, and price are all very good. If my switcher had midi, or if the Nemesis had A/B and scroll up AND down access to presets (like Timeline & DD-500), I'd have one. Maybe V-2!

Comment

Originally posted by Cipher View Post
                        Congrats! The Nemesis is a great pedal! The options, tone, looks, size, and price are all very good. If my switcher had midi, or if the Nemesis had A/B and scroll up AND down access to presets (like Timeline & DD-500), I'd have one. Maybe V-2!
                        I would have to check but I think you can plug in a two button footswitch and scroll the presets.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          thats a lotta delay for a guy who used to plug straight in!

Makes me sound like I can actually play something.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I had a long call with the Founder of Source Audio about that pedal last month. There is too much to post and go into right now, however the technology in that pedal is beyond anything anyone is doing right now.

Comment

I reassigned some of the top 12 models and put the oil can and the chorus model in place of the Helix and another. And I got the tremolo taken out of the tape models. But great iPhone app for really doing it all.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Working...
                              X