banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

overdrive or boost and delay in same pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• overdrive or boost and delay in same pedal?

Other than the Mad Professor Golden Cello and the T-Rex Emmie, does anyone else make an overdrive or a boost pedal integrated with a delay or reverb? (Or, I suppose, a delay pedal with an integrated boost or overdrive? Whichever way you want to look at it )

Re: overdrive or boost and delay in same pedal?

The Catalinbread Belle Epoch (and other Echoplex style pedals) have a preamp that you can use as a boost when engaged.

The Mad Professor 1 is a distortion with integrated reverb.

The FlyRig from Tech 21 has drive and delay sections.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I was asking similar just a week or so ago. I ended up shifting around my board rather than buying something new. I was close to grabbing a Golden Cello though.

Fwiw, I have the flyrig5 and it's great - I have to use it as a standalone, otherwise it would have been in my rig permanently a la Richie Kotzen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Now I want one of those really bad, mainly because the Tech 21 website says it will "cover my ass like yoga pants" and I believe that kind of marketing genius deserves to be rewarded.
        Unfortunately, I'm not in a hurry to spend $250. It'll have to go on my long-term wish list. But thanks for pointing me in that direction, fellas!

Comment

Tech21 also makes the Boost D.L.A. which is a great tap-tempo delay with - you guessed it - boost.

Comment

Picked up a used first version Tech 21 Boost DLA recently. Really like the delay part, LOVE the boost! Thanks for letting me know they exist.
            I'm sure a lot of guys would complain that they both turn on & off at the same time, but that's what I like most about it.

Comment

Iirc, a version or two of the Danelectro Wasabi's had delay built in. I may be dreaming though....

Comment

Dave Locher-
                Hi, what do you mean " they both turn on and off at the same time"? Do you mean if you use the Boost,
                the Delay goes off if it was on?
                Steve B.

Comment

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
                  Dave Locher-
                  Hi, what do you mean " they both turn on and off at the same time"? Do you mean if you use the Boost,
                  the Delay goes off if it was on?
                  Steve B.
                  I mean there is one switch to turn the effect on and off. You can use it as a delay (no boost) by turning down the volume, you can use it as a boost (no delay) by turning the mix to 100% dry, or you can do what I do which is kick the delay and boost on and off at the same time. But what you cannot do, at least on the original version I have, is run the delay on all the time and kick the boost on and off with the foot switch. The pedal is either on or it is off.
                  Several of their other pedals let you turn the boost on & off with a separate switch. This one does not. But that is perfect for me because I WANT to turn the boost & delay on and off at the same time with just one switch.

You can just put a delay pedal and a boost pedal into a bypass loop, but this saves me space and money( one pedal, not three) AND the delay has a tone control knob for the echoes, which I really wanted and most delay pedals don't have. I got this pedal for less than most of them cost.
                  Last edited by Dave Locher; 08-30-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

I used to dream of a pedal I could stomp on and instantly get Mick Ralphs solo tone on "Feel Like Making Love". Fat, corpulent, meaty tone made even more alluring with the spacious depth of delay and reverb. Honey dripping harmonic goodness!

Comment

More than Overdrive….but the Boss Digital Metalizer.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The Tech21 FlyRig 5 does this, and adds tap tempo and a Sansamp section that is independent from the rest. And the pedal itself is tiny for what it does.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah, the FlyRig will pretty much do everything and make you breakfast as well. The Boost DLA, meanwhile, is just a nice delay with a lot of control over various parameters AND a really good-sounding boost. (And I bought my used, outdated model for $60!)
                          It's only a 9-decibel boost, though, which is perfect for bumping my crunchy amp into saturation but wouldn't push a cleaner amp into serious overdrive. Good for a volume bump into a clean amp, though.
                          I like it so much I'm starting to look at their other products with more interest.

Comment

Working...
                          X