Couple of new pedals on the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple of new pedals on the way

Since I got my new amp, I've been reevaluating my current crop of OD pedals. The pedals I used when I was playing big clean amps don't sound as good with my breakup happy 20watt beauty, and it really doesn't like my Dyna Comp (I don't really like my Dyna Comp either). So I hit the bay today and ordered a couple new pedals.

Fender Micro Compressor - the other guitar player in my band picked one up and I ran it through my amp and loved it. I found a good price on one and decided to pick it up.

J Rockett Archer - I love how the Soul Food hits my new amp, but it's not exactly what I'm looking for. Enter a new Klone, and the Archer is my favorite.

I should be 2-3 months away from coming up on the KoT list, and I'm thinking KoT + Archer will be all I'll need from my ODs.
    Go Packers!

Re: Couple of new pedals on the way

Cool! I love my KoT, awesome to just layer an additional amount of gain over your base tone. I've wanted to try an archer for a long time too. I've got to say, I'd really miss my tube screamer flavored pedal though!

I should know this at this point, but what's the guitar and amp combo?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I really like my Dyna Comp in front of my small crunchy valve amp. But I have to be honest, I hated it in the loop and I don´t like it at all on clean sounds... But put it on front, add some crunch... et voilá!! I love it.
      I just got a Soul Food (2nd hand) today. I want to check out if the Klone type of overdrive is for me and my settings or not. Never had anything "Klonish" before.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry go round View Post
        I really like my Dyna Comp in front of my small crunchy valve amp. But I have to be honest, I hated it in the loop and I don´t like it at all on clean sounds... But put it on front, add some crunch... et voilá!! I love it.
        I just got a Soul Food (2nd hand) today. I want to check out if the Klone type of overdrive is for me and my settings or not. Never had anything "Klonish" before.
        I've never been a fan of the Dyna Comp, I like a little bit more transparent compressor. I'll be happy to replace it.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Cool! I love my KoT, awesome to just layer an additional amount of gain over your base tone. I've wanted to try an archer for a long time too. I've got to say, I'd really miss my tube screamer flavored pedal though!

I should know this at this point, but what's the guitar and amp combo?
        My main guitar is a Telecaster FMT HH, mahogany body with 59n and PGb and coil tapping. I also have a more standard tele and a strat. The amp is a 41st Amps Bayonet, it's a bit tweedy sounding when overdriving. I posted some basic clips a while back, I'll be posting some better clips at some point.

I got to play a Timmy and a KoT through it shortly after I bought it, and I absolutely LOVED the KoT. I've got an MXR Custom Badass Modified OD, which is a bit tube screamer flavored, on my board right now. I think it will stay there until I get the KoT.
        Go Packers!

Comment

Working...
        X