Late-ish NPD: US Dream Distortion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late-ish NPD: US Dream Distortion

A new pedal came in friday, a Joyo US dream aka a Suhr Riot Copy/Clone. This is actually my first distortion pedal that i have owned. I have borrowed a Digitech a while back, but not for very long.

If i had to describe it, i would say its kinda like a tigher, more modern version of my Jet City's "overdrive" channel, acting as a kind of 3rd channel for my amp (when placed on top of the cleanish setting on the "crunch" channel). Very Marshall inspired, but defiantly not just a marshally simulator pedal.

Its great! Harmonics and notes jump out easily and its very clear. The gain doesn't ever get super fizzy, just a tad at the very edge of its drive range. Not very noisy either, though it does have its slight noise.

It even works well as an EQ'd clean boost. It feels slightly scooped as a boost, but doesn't add a whole lot of color without the drive on.

Amazing pedal for being only $40. I am surprised how amp like it is. It feels more like an amp than my old GDec-3's distortion presets for sure.

Sorry for the basement lighting and cell phone quality of the picture. Its not that pink irl.
    Last edited by TRex; 05-01-2016, 05:25 PM.

Re: Late-ish NPD: US Dream Distortion

i have one of those. i really like it, and for the price it's awesome
    Quality riffs in about a minute...
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2B...Y3EewvQ/videos

Comment

Honestly, there isn't a bad thread about them. I got one in January or so and posted a great review also.

Probably gonna add to my main stage board AND get a Mooer solo for my mini board.

Just a great sound!
      Originally posted by Bad City
      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Great lil pedal,lerv mine!!!

Thanx (yet) again,Trey!!!

"Scalloped & Stickered"
        A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

What about the Mooer Solo? Has anyone of you guys had a go at it? I'd love to get a Suhr Riot, but it's too expensive. I'm set on getting hold of either this one or the Mooer Solo, plus some overdrive (I assume I'll purchase the Hustle Drive Mooer pedal). I've been using a DS1, which I literally love, but the time has come for a change.

Comment

I've seen comparisons. I'm gonna get a SOlo as soon as I see a good deal.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I really enjoyed the one I had! I decided to keep my Suhr Riot over it because the Riot pushed my amps in a very unique way that the US Dream didn't BUT the US Dream is an incredible pedal for the price!

Comment

Totally! Never ever get rid of a Suhr Riot! I've been thinking of taking the plunge and buying one instead of the Mooer Solo. But I'll need a good overdrive. A Wessex is even more expensive than a Suhr Riot. Do the Hustle Drive and the Suhr Riot "get along" (as it were)? In fact, if you had a Mooer Solo, would you then get a Rumble Drive or a Hustle Drive? Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                X