Distortion pedal cuts off clean channel. Any suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distortion pedal cuts off clean channel. Any suggestions

Playing a TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion pedal. Playing through the clean channel. When pedal is cut off there is no clean channel. No volume at all. When cut on pedal works fine. I'm pretty sure everything is set up just right. Anyone know what the problem might be? I really like the pedal but it's not doing me any good if I can't use the clean channel. Clean channel works fine through looper and without pedal.

Re: Distortion pedal cuts off clean channel. Any suggestions

So, when the distortion pedal is ON you get distorted guitar through your amp, but when the pedal is OFF, you get no sound? The distortion is BETWEEN your guitar and amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

so you are saying when the effect is off you get no sound, correct?

Comment

If that's all the case, TC pedals are true bypass and it sounds like that isn't working. Is it a new pedal or have you had it working fine and this suddenly started happening? If it's still in warranty, I'd send it back.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceT View Post
          If that's all the case, TC pedals are true bypass and it sounds like that isn't working. Is it a new pedal or have you had it working fine and this suddenly started happening? If it's still in warranty, I'd send it back.

I have it for about 4 months, it's been working fine. Could be defective. I'll check out the warranty.

Comment

Check the switch. It might jam when you switch it off, cutting the signal. This happens to my Rocktron wah. When off, no signal.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post
              Check the switch. It might jam when you switch it off, cutting the signal. This happens to my Rocktron wah. When off, no signal.
              Makes perfect sense, there are some articles and videos on the internet on how to clean a foots witch like the ones in the TC pedals.
              Who took my guitar?

Comment

No worries, just kept cutting switch on and off repeatedly and that did the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by coachc55 View Post
                  No worries, just kept cutting switch on and off repeatedly and that did the trick.

Thanks for your help.
                  Good, maybe some dirt that eventually was taken out by what you did.
                  Who took my guitar?

Comment

If it does it once, it'll do it again. Look into replacing the switch soon.
                    Originally posted by Brown Note
                    I'm soooooo jealous about the WR-1. It's the perfect guitar; fantastic to play, balances well even when seated and *great* reach for the upper frets. The sound is bright tight and very articulate. In summary it could only be more awesome if it had b00bs and was on fire!
                    My Blog

Comment

Working...
                    X