Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour Duncan Forza Overdrive:

Just saw this pop up on my youtube feed, and it sounds pretty cool:

There's also a link to the description on Chicago Music Exchange's online store. [LINK]

I wonder how much different it is to the 805, most of the CME teamups I've seen have been pretty cool touches to the original pedal.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Re: Seymour Duncan Forza Overdrive:

This is our new Overdrive sold exclusively through Chicago Music Exchange. It is sort of a more open take on an 805.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
      This is our new Overdrive sold exclusively through Chicago Music Exchange. It is sort of a more open take on an 805.
      Dave, how would you compare it to the 805? More/less gain? Different base EQ? Will it always be excusive to CME?
      Nope...

Comment

To my ears, same gain range (maybe a little more on the high end) with less mids. Like someone scooped the middle out.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyPage View Post
          Just saw this pop up on my youtube feed, and it sounds pretty cool:

I wonder how much different it is to the 805.
          The 805 is very mid-focused. Forza is voiced more evenly throughout the frequency band.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            To my ears, same gain range (maybe a little more on the high end) with less mids. Like someone scooped the middle out.
            Originally posted by Max Gutnik View Post
            The 805 is very mid-focused. Forza is voiced more evenly throughout the frequency band.
            So, for me, the 805 would still be the choice.

Once the semester ends I need to test drive the 805 I have on my board. I'm so used to the MXR Classic Overdrive pedal in GT-OD mode. I imagine I can further tweak things with this.
            Nope...

Comment

Interesting strategy with the exclusive CME angle. I hope that works out well. I love to watch business strategies in action. I have purchased several pieces of gear from CME and they have treated me very very well.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Will be checking this out.
                I did not like the mids on the 805 one bit. That also keeps me away from the Palladium. But this...hmmm...

Comment

Compare any sound clips, and you can immediately hear it. There tends to be a bit of a blacklash against TS-flavored drives these days, and no one would ever mistake the Forza for a TS-flavored drive. Plus, it looks really cool.

Comment

Working...
                  X