How to clean a boss pedal switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to clean a boss pedal switch?

So I have this old boss super overdrive sd-1 I plan to sell but then I noticed the switch does not work every time so I was thinking it must be some dirty switch that needs to be cleaned. When I looked in the internet every article I found was about unsolder, disassemble and cleaning it from the inside. I did not like that so I looked again inside the pedal and notice a couple of small holes at both sides of the switch so I decided to just throw there a bit of dielectric cleaner I use for my tone/vol pots (which do have similar holes for cleaning without opening) then manually clicked the switch several times to make the cleaner and the movement do the work, when I plugged the pedal and tried it... bingo!! it is working fine now, no need to take the switch out of the pedal.

So I wanted to share this tip, maybe most of you guys in the forum already knew this but I did not found a tip like this in the internet, at least not in the first page of results in google and I was to lazy to read beyond that.
    Who took my guitar?

Re: How to clean a boss pedal switch?

Thanks! Need to do this with my PH-1r.

Bill
    When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
    X