banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Just Scored Some Sweet Muff Real Cheap!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Scored Some Sweet Muff Real Cheap!!!

I couldn't help myself, sorry..... LOL, I just picked up a brand new NYC big box Big Muff off this kid for $45!!! I think he bought it because of the name more than anything? He said he bought it a few weeks ago new, played with it for about 5 minutes and decided he didn't like it. Definitely a LTD through a Line6 kinda guy, not that there's anything wrong with that kind of thing.....

Lol, I'm pretty sure he was looking for a high gain distortion pedal but this one has a name that sounds like "Large Vagina" and it comes in a giant shinny box so it's got to sound great, LOL!!! The worst part is that he bought it from this local music store about 40 minutes away, this place is super overpriced, like 80% markup overpriced!!! He didn't even try it before he took it home??? I'd almost feel bad for the kid if he wasn't so darn ignorant!!!

Anyway, he originally wanted $75 & it was probably worth it but I said $45 & he said okay!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: I Just Scored Some Sweet Muff Real Cheap!!!

Nice score. But there's so many versions of the Big Muff that I've lost count. What is the significance of the "NYC big box" version?

Comment

I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Comment

Originally posted by Nostalgic Distortion View Post
        I couldn't help myself, sorry..... LOL, I just picked up a brand new NYC big box Big Muff off this kid for $45!!! I think he bought it because of the name more than anything? He said he bought it a few weeks ago new, played with it for about 5 minutes and decided he didn't like it. Definitely a LTD through a Line6 kinda guy, not that there's anything wrong with that kind of thing.....

Lol, I'm pretty sure he was looking for a high gain distortion pedal but this one has a name that sounds like "Large Vagina" and it comes in a giant shinny box so it's got to sound great, LOL!!! The worst part is that he bought it from this local music store about 40 minutes away, this place is super overpriced, like 80% markup overpriced!!! He didn't even try it before he took it home??? I'd almost feel bad for the kid if he wasn't so darn ignorant!!!

Anyway, he originally wanted $75 & it was probably worth it but I said $45 & he said okay!!!
        It's not your typical distortion box. It's a fuzz and distortion at the same time. But he made the number one mistake of not trying before he went buying.
        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
        Line 6 Helix
        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
          Nice score. But there's so many versions of the Big Muff that I've lost count. What is the significance of the "NYC big box" version?
          Really easy to mod since it's through hole components. Also, pretty decent gateway muff that can fulfill a lot of player's needs without going to a more expensive boutique one.

IMO, anyway.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

nice score dude! I really like the sound of big muffs but they don't fit on my board haha
            Guitars: Kiesel Bolt Classic, Strandberg Boden Standard 7, Jackson DXMG (Japan) & Charvel Model 5.

Amps: Marshall 1959slp & Peavey 5150 (Block Letter)

Comment

I absolutely love it!!! The fact that I got it so flipping cheap makes me love it even more!!!! I've gotten so used to dropping $200 on a pedal that I almost forgot how good the much cheaper originals that all these clones are being made of actually sound! I'm most definitely a product of the 90's so the Big Muff played a major role as far as my musical influences go without a doubt! I've got a half dozen Fuzz pedals, some of them clones of the Muff, but really nothing beats the real thing! The only problem is now I can't stop playing stuff I learned when I was 16, LOL!!! Billy Corgan would be proud, I think I've relearned the entire Siamese Dream album....

Comment

I've been considering buying an EXH big muff or 2 (one to keep stock, the other to try modding to Rams head specs).

Comment

Be careful of cheap muff.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                    Be careful of cheap muff.
                    The last time someone said that to me I became a father 9 months later....

Comment

Working...
                    X