Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [NPD] Source Audio Nemesis

This beauty came in the mail earlier in the week:

Like Scott has said, this is a monster of a pedal. I've had a couple of days to play with it now and it sounds fantastic. Just to give you a sense of the attention to detail that this pedal has: When you use the analog delay mode, there's a small input filter applied to darken your base sound the way a real Bucket Brigate delay circuit does. Every delay mode on the pedal has these smart little details that make it 'feel' more realistic and musical. A solid example would be how the intensity knob works in Digital mode, it's kind of like a parametric EQ where clockwise turning will boost the treble a little and shelve the bass allowing the repeats to sit nicely on top of you mix, or how in Reverse mode it controls the amount of concurrent delay taps, allowing you to blend between 60s style reverse tape or really modern ambient pad tones.

Not really a criticism, but I feel it's worth mentioning that the modulation can be a bit over the top on a lot of modes on the pedal. On most of the presets I've created thus far, I've barely put the rate or mod controls above 10 o'clock because even at noon the warbles can start to get a bit intense. As with many high end digital effects (Strymon, for example) it's about the subtle balance between really lush sounding effects or more dry/realistic ones. Fortunately, the pedal is very easy to tweak so it's never an issue to find that balance.

My favourite mode so far:

-The Reverse delay with the intensity and time knob turned up is amazing for beautiful ambient solo guitar pieces.

-The Analog delay sound is just absolutely perfect, and I made a custom patch in the App which adds chorus to the repeats and it genuinely feels exactly like a Deluxe Memoryman.

-The Resonant Analog in the app is just perfect. It's an analog engine with a distinct magical midrange bump, the same as you'd find in a Carbon Copy or Boss DM-2. This is the first delay I've found to knock the CC off my board (as silly as that might sound) because I can get the sound I love with the added bonus of better modulation controls, better mixing, more headroom before oscillation, delay trails, multiple rhythmic taps and the ability to control the grittiness and brightness of the repeats.

-Sweeper is one I didn't expect to like. I was a bit weirded out at first by the weird wah-wah soaked delays, but you can turn the modulation down a touch to get these really pristine delays with a hint of filtering that comes out when you dig in. Probably my favourite setting so far for rhythmic delay.

Also I had no idea my phone took images stock in 4k resolution, because the initial time I tried to post this picture the forum refused to post more than one corner of it because it was so gigantic.
    Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
    I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
    Andrew - None

Re: [NPD] Source Audio Nemesis

Congrats, it's an outstanding pedal!

Comment

I think its a good thing that the mod depth can be set for intense, with repeats knob turned down & feed back beyond noon, it becomes almost a stand alone chorus or vibe pedal/preset. Nice stuff, seems like that are quite a lot of options available in the market for big programmable delay boxes to pick these days.

Comment

The two tape models both have tremolo added. You can tweak that out using the app. Sounds better without. I guess they were trying to simulate wow and flutter.

I really love the app. It's basically a remote control as SA calls it. Like a tv remote. It's not smart. Just issue commands to the pedal.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Working...
        X