Catalina Chorus?? Or??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalina Chorus?? Or??

Ive just been out some vids for the Catalina Chorus.. Sounds amazing!! Owners? Users? what say you? Im currently using a Boss CE3. ( I believe) not 100% excited about it.. Any other solid recommendations?? or settings for the CE?
    Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Re: Catalina Chorus?? Or??

Are they in they wild? I'm kind of curious myself.
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Vids?

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

I wrote about it here. The cool thing is that the dynamic effect really works. It isn't like an on/off switch. It changes the depth dynamically by how hard/soft you play. Sounds like a good , chewy analog chorus with a lot more control. It isn't as clean sounding as many of the Boss ones I've tried. It has a really beautiful sound.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeah, All the reviews Ive seen/read all mention the touch sensitivity. The features all seem very useful and unlike some, the knobs all seem to really change things across the sweep. Seems REALLY good from what Ive seen. Im just operating on VERY limited funds these days and need to really feel confident that its better than what I have before I can justify the purchase..
          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

To my ears, it is chewier than the Boss. The Boss line always sounded cold to me, unless you go back to the first ones.

Comment

I have my eye on this chorus. Need to replace the chorus effect on my Vox Tonelab. All I have heard was so many positive things about this pedal. Any cons to it before I pull the trigger?

Comment

I've got to try one of these.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Will be buying the Catalina this month; will report back on how it stacks up to the analog chorus setting on my digital board.

Comment

I still really like mine, and I dig that expression setting. You can have chorus for clean intros and stuff, and none when you are really hitting the guitar. And you don't have to switch it on or off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      I still really like mine, and I dig that expression setting. You can have chorus for clean intros and stuff, and none when you are really hitting the guitar. And you don't have to switch it on or off.
                      You think I will notice enough of a difference compared to my digital chorus pedal?

Comment

Originally posted by Revelation Sound View Post
                        You think I will notice enough of a difference compared to my digital chorus pedal?
                        Your digital chorus comes from a multieffect pedal the tonelab, a dedicated digital chorus would sound different from it, so would analog chorus pedal.

Comment

Originally posted by Revelation Sound View Post
                          It will sound different. You have to decide if it is 'better'. With multieffects, you have to accept that some features will sound better than others, unless you are dealing with very high end stuff. But all reviews of the Catalina have been super positive.

Comment

Working...
                          X