Have I gone loopy or something?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Have I gone loopy or something?

Congrats! I've nearly bought one several times but just always decided against it...need to just pull the trigger on it.

Enjoy!

Comment

Ditto is not overly intuitive.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

For the small 'practice' loopers, this Jamman has got the intuition thing down. I wouldn't gig with it (double pressing to erase is sort of a pain, and no expression pedal control of volume), but for what it does do, it does really well.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          For the small 'practice' loopers, this Jamman has got the intuition thing down. I wouldn't gig with it (double pressing to erase is sort of a pain, and no expression pedal control of volume), but for what it does do, it does really well.
          I expect I'll put it on the acoustic board. It would work for ME for solo.

Dave of course, would probably feel limited by Geddy Lee's setup.

Haven't messed with it much. But you'll see some stuff with it soon.

Just pull the trigger. No regrets period!
          Originally posted by Bad City
          He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

What's the "extended play" time?

Looks handy!
            "Scalloped & Stickered"
            A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

Good Thread segway ACE! I take it you are digging that new pedal?? haha

no experience with loopers personally. So, Ill be noob and ask.. What do they do? record a bit and keep looping it back?? Or??
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Yes, Bloodrose, that's exactly it. Press record, play, press stop, listen on repeat.

I have that Digitech one, and I love it. I found out that it's pretty much useless in front of a dirty amp, but I don't mind running everything clean if I'm just writing at home. Not only does it help with soloing, but you can really tighten up by playing with yourself.

Comment

Thats what I thought! Thanks for the input! Would do me good to be able to jam along. And Ill stay on task and not make a crack about your last sentence.. haha

Aceman, what features sold you on this one??
                  Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                    Thats what I thought! Thanks for the input! Would do me good to be able to jam along. And Ill stay on task and not make a crack about your last sentence.. haha

Aceman, what features sold you on this one??
                    The ones I said in post #13 doofus.
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Loopers can have other functions, like allowing you to manipulate the loop in real time as you play over it...like take a 4 bar phrase, multiply it, and play a 12 bar phrase over it...pitch transpose it, reverse it, fade it out, etc. The Digitech is great for simple practice, since it does one thing and does it well, but there are some really great looping devices which add a ton of other functions. It is just a different way of approaching composition.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                        And Ill stay on task and not make a crack about your last sentence...
                        Oh c'mon, you know you want to.

Comment

Working...
                        X