NPDA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NPDA

New Pedal Day Almost. Monday my Fractal Audio AX8 arrives. If I learn how to tweak it I believe it will allow me to record more frequently and later into the night without driving the neighbor's dog insane. I may be the only person in the neighborhood who prefers my playing to his or her barking.

The owner's manual is 107 pages. That is a very bad sign for me. The user guide for my new phone is 57 pages and I haven't figured out how to answer a call yet.

The bottom line is - don't look for clips or calls any time soon.
    I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Re: NPDA

LOL
    Have fun!
    Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
    My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey View Post
      LOL
      Have fun!
      I plan to. I made the mistake of having it shipped to my residence rather than my place of business, so I'll be leaving work in a few minutes to wait on the UPS man. A signature is require and I see no wisdom in waiving that requirement for a relatively big ticket item.

Oddly enough, I have been downsizing my board and continue to buy and retire pedals. I can't image ever tiring of chasing tone the old fashioned way.
      I am so close to retirement that I could play in a band full time. All I have to do is figure out what to use instead of money, improve my playing, learn some songs, and find some other musicians more talented than me who will do exactly as they're told. .

Comment

Pedal swapping is one of life's great pleasures.
        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

I guess this means that kit is never being built.

Comment

Of course it has never been built, but this experience is about to push me into it. My first impressions are undewhelming.

In all fairness, though, since it is only pretending to sound good, best results will only be attained through a straihjt up power amp and a proper full range speaker cab - like a PA speaker with "sub" and horn and a crossover. That will require spare change I don't have. Thus far, I have only run it into the effects return on my small 40W combo where the cleans are seriously lacking the character of a clean tube amp.
            Last edited by Lazarus1140; 05-25-2016, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X