Devi Ever: Users?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devi Ever: Users?

I have a strange attraction to these pedals; who else can put up with the baggage/drama and have fun playing them?

I have a Rocket (borderline useless gimmick pedal with nice art) a Bit, and a US (the latter two being remarkably versatile and dynamically responsive pedals that I love.) Looking into obtaining a Torn's Peaker, Karaoke Party and Hyperion/Hypno Mangler based on online demos, before the obsession wanes and I move on to the next gear infatuation.
    Originally posted by King Buzzo
    I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Re: Devi Ever: Users?

I checked them out before. I wanted to get a US upon first listen, because it just seemed like a straight forward fuzz without all the gimmicks like a ****ing joystick on the pedal. After a few more listens, I bought a Swollen Pickle instead. Eventually sold it all after I got my first POD, because modelers... If I ever need to buy another fuzz pedal, though, the US would be one I'd look at again.
    Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
    Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
    Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
    Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
    Line 6 Helix
    Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I've got an Effector 13 (previous brand) Truly Beautiful Disaster. It's off the wall, uncontrollable gated/Velcro fuzz. By far the wildest pedal I own. In fact, I'm not sure the last time I plugged it in.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I really do like both the Bit and the US, they're very similar to each other, If I had to choose it would be the Bit...

Both will do a really crazy, zippery/gated (US) or 8-bit (Bit) type tone with the volume rolled back or if you play with a lighter touch, dig in with the pick and you get a really rich fuzz. They both like to push a cranked amp. Thought these two pedals in particular would be gimmicks, they're somehow practical though.

Bit has a much better tone control, and is less bright (also somewhat more unique) so it wins over the US.
        I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

Comment

I built most of those circuits a few years back. The Schematics are all over the net for each one.

The Karaoke Party ended up being my personal favorite. It's a very mild OD/boost, that almost turns to Fuzz with the gain wide open.

It really adds a lot to a bright thin guitar or amp tone. It puts some beef in it.

Comment

I really like the Sodamieser.

I tried the Soda Mite at a local pawn shop though and hated it. Gated crackle fuzz that sounds like it's broken is not my thing. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
              I really like the Sodamieser.

I tried the Soda Mite at a local pawn shop though and hated it. Gated crackle fuzz that sounds like it's broken is not my thing. Lol
              Half of the Rocket is a Soda Meiser; it doesn't work for me so much. Really scrambled/nonexistent bass, no difference between playing a chord and a single note. It also falls apart totally if it doesn't have a really clean fundamental signal, so it's hard to find an application for it without getting your rig specific to wanting that sound.

The upper/octave squeak is a good thing. But I think the Vintage Fuzz Master (also in the Rocket) is a better implementation of that concept overall.

Comment

I have/had several. They're useful for getting different sounds. I have/had the: 90, Aenima, Torns Peaker, Hyperion, Year of the Rat.

The 90 is a raunchy distortion that's gated. Aenima is a wall of deep fuzz. Hyperion is a spastic mess, Year of the Rat is a splattering mess. The Torns Peaker is an uncontrolled monster. They will all turn your 5 watt amp into the loudest thing in the whole wide world killing small birds and animals and eardrums.

I'd use them with a delay for soloing if I had to revisit them.
                Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Devi Ever Begins, Devi Ever Returns, Devi Ever Forever, it just goes on for me. Thought I'd shaken my unusual obsession with these. But then I low-balled someone on Reverb because I liked the graphic. Let's just say this is the first pedal I've tried that I've actually thought was broken out of the box... And I have four other Devi Evers. Does combine well with other pedals though... I used the word "well." Um. It's interesting anyway.

I feel like I should put "spoiler alert" if I write more. I think you really need to experience the pedal first-hand

\/Not mine, but representative:

Comment

I had an E13 Truely Beautiful Disaster and No-Fi. The No-Fi was cool because it sounded like you were playing through an old AM radio.
                    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Why would I want to sound like I'm playing through an old AM radio? I could probably get that tone if I turn my bass and treble all the way down and turn the mid all the way up. No thanks.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                        Why would I want to sound like I'm playing through an old AM radio? I could probably get that tone if I turn my bass and treble all the way down and turn the mid all the way up. No thanks.

One-stomp special effect pedal for an intro or breakdown, etc. I have an Ibanez Lo-Fi that I used to do that with sometimes.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post

Seek and Destroy.
                          || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

I suppose, or more likely the intro for "Wish you were here".
                            Still, not my cup of tea.

Comment

Originally posted by some_dude View Post
                              I had an E13 Truely Beautiful Disaster and No-Fi. The No-Fi was cool because it sounded like you were playing through an old AM radio.
                              The Longcat ZG above is apparently the Devi Ever branded No Fi... "The treble remover." I agree it's basically useless It's the loudest pedal I've ever played through despite that, which is a contradiction that doesn't help it.

That said, it does sound pretty awesome in front of another fuzz...

Comment

Working...
                              X