New Pedal Day: Truetone H2O Chorus-Echo V3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Pedal Day: Truetone H2O Chorus-Echo V3

So I pulled the trigger and decided to get this two-in-one pedal to get me into a kind of eric johnson clean-with-effects territory and do far so good. The chorus has a wide range of tweakbility from slow and subtle to fast and wide, very versatile. The delay is hybrid, maybe that is why it is not as cool sounding as other analog delays I have tried like the Supa-Puss or DM2w, but I still like what I hear, from super short reverb like thru chord depth and ambience to about 500 msec to spice your solos, and both self-oscilation and infinite stable repeats are there too. The footswitches are super smooth and effortless, are close enough so you can turn both chorus and delay on and off in a single step effortless, one unexpected but very cool concequence of that is now I put the H2O next to my AMT SS-20 preamp and I can actually hit the clean/crunch footswitch from the preamp AND turn chorus/delay on/off at the same time with a single stomp -I just put my foot sideways- that I can easily switch from EJ like clean with chorus/delay to a dry drirty rythm.

So this pedal saved me from buying a switching device and it is cost less than buying separate stereo-analog-chorus and analog-delay. I still need to do some home recording and play with it in rehearsal to see how it works in the mix of a real song.
    Who took my guitar?

Re: New Pedal Day: Truetone H2O Chorus-Echo V3

cool. visual sound right? I dont have that one but I had a couple of VS pedals and the switch is pretty nifty. The only one I have kept is the Trutone boost, its pretty good clean boost with tone knob.
    Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
    http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Cool! There are a few fans of the older gen of that pedal here. I'd like to try one out.

I wonder why they changed names from Visual Sound to TrueTone.
      Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
        Cool! There are a few fans of the older gen of that pedal here. I'd like to try one out.

I wonder why they changed names from Visual Sound to TrueTone.
        I never owned the V1 or V2 but I think they made some good decisions when changing the shape of the pedal, this one is smaller than putting 2 boss pedals close to each other (with no patch cable between them). Were the footswitches in V2 close to turn both effects on/off with a single step? I think that is very very cool.
        Who took my guitar?

Comment

Originally posted by IMENATOR View Post
          I never owned the V1 or V2 but I think they made some good decisions when changing the shape of the pedal, this one is smaller than putting 2 boss pedals close to each other (with no patch cable between them). Were the footswitches in V2 close to turn both effects on/off with a single step? I think that is very very cool.
          I really like that they made the wiring more versatile. You can put the Chorus before Delay, Delay before Chorus, put another pedal in between, etc. The possibilities are endless.
          -Greg

Guitars:
          2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
          2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
          2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
          Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

It's an amazing pedal! I've been just on the verge of buying one about 3-4 times now, in Canada they tend to retail at about the same price as MXR pedals. Those echoes are really simple and beautiful, and you can also get a really beautiful vibrato with the chorus. It's a great buy!
            Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
            I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
            Andrew - None

Comment

My favorited brand. Can't wait to be able to afford them again... Perhaps if I stopped buying so many Chinese clones and slow down on the NPD's I can get a few V3 models.

Comment

A very cool pedal indeed. Came close to crabbing an old one a few times.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Not sure why but the echo in my pedal goes to around 560 msec, I know cause basically I adjusted a metronome and picked a note until the tempo matched, 107 bpm which is 560 msec. All the reviews online state it goes up to 450 which somthing like 133 bpm. So I sent an e-mail to truetone asking about this, not like I want it fixed as it has not issue at all but I just got surprised I got more delay than advertised (which is great as I like 120 bpm tempo) and want to know if that is the case for any other H2O out there.
                  Who took my guitar?

Comment

Man - I've been putting these on watch these all day.

The V1 is/was a highly touted pedal. Obvoisly more options as you go up. Is the V2 or V3 really worth it? Or are they just catering to tweekers?

Comment

I've had the V1 and V2 series H2O and have to say the switch to the V2 series was worth it. The V3 series is also worth buying bug I don't see myself ditching the V2 series pedal.

The V3 series are a whole other animal to the versions that preceded them.

Comment

And that's my point. Did they depart from the awesome of the original simple pedal? Or is it just shades of the same awesome? Or did they lose something? Or what….

Comment

I had the older "Visual Sound" Liquid Chorus and that was a killer pedal. Their stuff I have used was always good quality and sounding. Have no idea what the new stuff with the name change is like.
                          So does anyone get good tones with a chorus after delay?? Modulation within the delay I can see but after seems odd. Maybe I am too old school? I love the beauty of a full rich chorus but never considered delaying the signal into the chorus does not seem kosher but what do I know. In the general rule of pedals, that which comes after is the more dominant effect but I am of the school that goes mod, delay, reverb.
                          "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
                          You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

The goal of the V3 stuff seems to be in line with the older pedals... More if the same awesome but with added features and functionality while remaining priced lower than other pedals with comparable feature sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainstage View Post
                              So does anyone get good tones with a chorus after delay??
                              Eric Johnson clean sound is great and his tone is actually one of several reason why I got this pedal and I can say it really sounds good that way but still versatile for other tones too, and in stereo mode it sounds killer.
                              Who took my guitar?

Comment

Working...
                              X