Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Pedal Day: Truetone H2O Chorus-Echo V3

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
    And that's my point. Did they depart from the awesome of the original simple pedal? Or is it just shades of the same awesome? Or did they lose something? Or what….
    That is a good question but as I said I never tried the old ones. What I can certainly say is this is a great choice for those like me who do minimum use of effects but still want a good analog tone for a competitive price. I had used digital delay and chorus before but that was not an exiting experience.
    Who took my guitar?

Comment

I had the Visual Sound orignal H2O and really loved it. Didn't care for the box size/shape but it was a great pedal.

Enjoy!

Comment

I always thought the delay was digital, but voiced well????
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

The old versions had true analog delay. They were remaking the BBD chips for sometime for VS but that stopped sometime back or something. The axle grease, tap/dual tap v3, & h2o v3 are digital delay based that is voiced like tape or analog. I guess that makes collecting the old versions useful to some fans of these.

The rectangular chassis is hell of an improvement IMO plus the ability to independently route the effects if needed is cool.

Comment

They say it is hybrid and I think I mentioned that in my first post. It is not as cool sounding as the 100% analog delays like Boss DM-2w or the MXR CCs I have tried before buying this but to me it gets the job done, as I said I am really minimalistic regarding effects really.
            Who took my guitar?

Comment

I'm almost 100% sure you're right. I have had the V2 H2O for several years, and when I bought it, I remember reading that the delay was, in fact, digital. And that doesn't bother me in the slightest. It's not nearly as good as my (obviously analog) CC, but it works great with the chorus of the H2O.

And that'll probably be the last time I ever quote one of your posts and agree with you completely. It may be the first.

Comment

Yeah - Chorus was analog, delay was a bonus. Anywho…it sounded great.
                Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I can sort of get the modulation of delays but it seems having that inside the delay is the ideal premise. Seems one would lose the beautiful thickening of the chorus on the basic tone. Now there is a case vibrato from the chorus could be interesting. A lot of it depends on how you use a chorus. Some like faster less depth or like me a slower deep sweep that can be just so beautiful. The fantastic thing about pedals is the versatility some afford, never hurts to experiment, one might run across something very different that is useful. I am suffering using my modeler for modulation, delay and reverb and while it is OK, specialized pedals are just so much better. When it comes to modulation I just prefer analog over digital just seems to sound more organic and just better. Digital on delays and reverbs is really the forte of digital as you can always dirty up or degrade the signal like analog. Never a fan of digital based front end effects just do not turn them on.
                  I was trying to lower my massive board pedal numbers by using a rack unit for some stuff. All that bending over tweaking knobs was killing my back. I do not think in my modeler I can move the modulation after the delay or reverb and most of them do not let you. Another reason why pedals are better, having more options and ability is never a bad thing. One thing is for sure the cats at Visual Sound aka name change make great pedals and if they have it set up that way must be a good tone to be had.
                  "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
                  You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

Working...
                  X