banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Flipping Impulse Buy, But A Good One!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Flipping Impulse Buy, But A Good One!!!

So to start from the beginning....

The bypass switch on my Metal Muff was dying on me, mostly because I've got a terrible habit of riding the switch for a second or five before I stomp on it while switching in the middle of a song. Although I don't play the kind of Metal that the Metal Muff was designed for I do use it more than any of my other Distortion/Overdrive/Boost pedals for whatever reason? I'm pretty sure I don't use it the way it was meant to be used but it works for me & its got a pivotal role on my board!

So this was a problem! For the most part if I have a issue with one of my effects I've got something else that's close enough to what I'd normally use that I can get by without missing said pedal too much, but not in the case of the M.M.? It's a pretty unique sounding high gain pedal that's got a incredibly scooped character to it, so it's pretty much the exact opposite of everything else I own???

Anyway, I am going to have the switch fixed but before I decided to go that route I was looking at some used M.M.'s on Reverb just to see what they were trending at. Its one of those pedals that you sorta have to weigh your options as to having it fixed or replaced? I'd chosen to do both...

Used they were selling for $65-$85? Like I said I'm going to have the one I already own fixed but after thinking about it I figured I'd get another one as well. This way if I have another problem with mine again sometime down the road I'll have a backup? I found one that was a store return (essentially new) & I talked the guy into taking $60 shipped for it! It was a great deal & hopefully I'll never have to worry about stupid E-H M.M.'s again!!!

Lol, so as I'm checking out I decided to look at the other items that he had for sale. One of them was a brand new Seymour Duncan Dirty Deed Distortion Pedal. I have absolutely no need of this pedal, or any other dirt pedals for that matter, but the Dirty Deeds has always interested me. From what I've heard via demo's/reviews & been told by others that own them they're pretty great! The guy was asking $118 shipped but he did have a "make an offer" option. So I made a $85 offer, mostly to see what he would counter at? Much to my surprise when I got up and checked my email this morning and he accepted it!!!

I'm really hoping this is not one of those "too good to be true" deals but the guy has tons of good feedback and nothing negative... I did ask why he was willing to let it go so cheaply & also admitted to not expecting him to accept my offer, lol! He said the reason for the super low prices was he had a storefront that recently went under & ever since, he's been selling off his remaining stock online. I guess he's been accepting any offers that are even close to reasonable in an effort to liquidate? Because I had also bought the E-H M.M. from him he was willing to give me the S.D.D.D. cheap as well...

So yeah, a brand new Dirty Deed for $85 shipped & a nearly new Metal Muff for another $60!!! If you tried to beat that with a stick it would break off in your hands, LOL!!!
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: Another Flipping Impulse Buy, But A Good One!!!

I've got to try one one of these days...
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Looking forward to the review!
      "Scalloped & Stickered"
      A Colled One & A Rold One!!!

RIP My Beloved Sleepy Flower

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/show...t-67-Of-Myself

Comment

That's awesome. Congrats.

I got lucky today too. Something told me as I was on doing errands today to stop into my favorite pawn shop.

I went in to quickly look around and the first thing that caught my eye was a Paul Cochrane Timmy for $80 Canadian. From a distance it looked like it was a Caline pedal but when I got up close and realized what it was I immediately jumped on it. I only had $10 on me so I put it on layaway.

I can't wait to get it home. I think I'm going to look through my pedal collection to see if there is anything not getting enough love that can be let go of to bring it home sooner.

Comment

Working...
        X