No announcement yet.

Looking into adding a vibe pedal and upgrading my Phaser, need some suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Looking into adding a vibe pedal and upgrading my Phaser, need some suggestions

I think Maxon FL-9 and PT-9 have the best tone as flanger and phaser.

Comment

Re: Looking into adding a vibe pedal and upgrading my Phaser, need some suggestions

So the Deja Vibe uses a non standard plug?
      Go Packers!

Comment

Keeley makes a reverb pedal that you can add either vibrato or phaser to. Turn the decay all the way down and it's just a vibrato/ phaser pedal.
        Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
        Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
        Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
        Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
        Line 6 Helix
        Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

I'm going to compare a Source Audio Lunar and a TC Helix next week.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by Matt42 View Post
            So the Deja Vibe uses a non standard plug?
            The original Deja Vibe and Deja 2 have a standard IEC socket and run on 117V AC like the original. My only complaint is that the factory cord is 10' long which is way too much for my board. Luckily Hosa makes an 18" IEC cord with a right angle plug. I can grab a couple pics later if you're interested.

The new Mini Deja 3 runs on 9V, and I'm not sure about the Mini Deja 2.
            Last edited by dystrust; 06-03-2016, 07:54 PM. Reason: Additional info
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Phaser? Bah…

THIS!

Although I would LOVE an Enterprise. And it was a close call between the Viper and a Phase 45. Hard to hate on the EVH though.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Don't overlook the DOD 201 Phasor mentioned earlier. Great pedal. I did an a/b test with this and a vintage MXR phase 45 that I owned. They sounded very similar, with the DOD being just a good sounding, but with modern features (true bypass, LED & DC power jack). Sold the MXR and the DOD is permanently on my board. They are inexpensive as well!

Comment

I always dug the Small Stone more than the Phase 90. Chewier, and slower. A friend built the BYOC Phase Royal, and that fixed many of the problems I have with a Phase 90.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

This thread caused me to go listen to a bunch of Van Halen yesterday driving home to TX. Epic

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Glad I could help!
                      Go Packers!

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
                        I'm a shameless TC Electronic ho, but I've been really happy with my Viscous Vibe, and have been planning on getting a Helix phaser.

The options you can tweak with the TonePrint software really does go beyond just about anything else out there.

Hell, Devin Townsend seems to be fond of them.. Viscous Vibe... Helix... umm... might be some language in those two... "That lizard is clearly up to no good," however, is one of the funniest lines I've ever heard in a review.
                        I will say, I'm not a huge fan of most of the TC modulation lines, but I've heard some seriously amazing sounds from that phaser.
                        Originally posted by BigAlTheBird
                        I just got oiixed in the mung by a Canadian.

Timmy - 1
                        Andrew - None

Comment

Should that be "TimmaPage"?
                          Thing is with all pedals everything is subject to the chemistry of ones personal gear rig, their hands and technique and how they use the pedal and where.
                          Someone's amazing loved pedal may not work all that well on someone else's gear chain. I look for pedals that have a degree of versatility as not everything works in multiple options.
                          You sort of have to try things out and see if they work on your stuff. Fundamental issues are analog or digital, photocell or digital vibe. They make so much great stuff these days it's hard to find something that is unusable. I have had less problems and longer life of not trading out or dropping the EVH 90 and photocell vibes. But there are a million pedals out there. I tend not to mess with inexpensive bargain type pedals as they have always been a short lived experience in quality and versatility. Having had more versions of Vibes and Phaser than I can remember, I currently do not have any. I loved my Vibe when I was into my Strat era but now that I am a Les Paul freak I find less use for the pedal. As for a Phaser I need another one as the one in my modeler leaves much to be desired. As to mention the EH Phaser it has a different weird throw on the sweep in its color mode which is very cool. Nice to have a unit that can do both basic options. I always end up having connection option issues with EH but for some rigs they are great. Option5 and Keeley's green phaser are amazing and versatile. Trying to pin down an ideal is about like narrowing down the best drives, just too many that sound great.
                          "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
                          You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

Helix arrived Sunday. SA Lunar today. Keeping one of them. So far the best Tone Print I've run on the Helix is the Petrucci. It's pretty darned good.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
                              Helix arrived Sunday. SA Lunar today. Keeping one of them. So far the best Tone Print I've run on the Helix is the Petrucci. It's pretty darned good.
                              Try out making your own TonePrint in the software, see how far that can take you.
                              "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
                                Try out making your own TonePrint in the software, see how far that can take you.
                                That would make the huge assumptions I have a clue what I'm doing! But yes, next step for sure.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Working...
                                X