• Show
Clear All

• Check out my new Engl Powerball

In a box....ha ha ha

From Russia with love...

Cant wait to try it out tonight!
    Go buy my book. https://www.amazon.com/dp/198405564X

Re: Check out my new Engl Powerball

Can't wait to read your opinion, remember this one goes to amp's FX return or dedicated guitar power amp or recording interface with the cab sim outup.
    Who took my guitar?

Comment

In Soviet Russia powerball play you

Comment

So i got to it last night for a while at rehearsal. I used it in front of my crate head. It Has a monstrous tone. Plenty of gain. Its voice is rather unique but i like it.

It can get icepicky if you dime the treble.

I brought it home today, used it in the effects loop of the Randall. It doesnt really sound any different than putting it out front to me anyhow. Could just be the amp i guess.
        I think ill use it for another couple weeks to get used to its voice and pick up on its dynamics etc.
        As of today i don't like it as much as my digitech metal master, but about the same as the ehx nano metal I have onboard. Its brighter than the ehx, but not as smooth.

Have to see which guitars pair well with it.

Is it worth 120bucks? Id say sure if thats the voice you're looking for. In my eyes, It's kind of a one trick pony. More to come:
        Last edited by 80's_Metal; 06-04-2016, 05:26 PM.

Comment

ENGL is a hell of an amp, I am curious about the AMT, that is one line I have not used. I love the ENGL expensive rack real tube preamp but have not been able to budget one. Like mentioned about a true preamp is not used on amp in.
          "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
          You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

What kind of cab are you putting it through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Is there an actual Powerball to compare it to? Those are a beast of an amp.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Well, there's a demo video that puts them both against each other. I found to be helpful
                In response to questions about where to get this pedal, you can buy it here:http://goo.gl/bn5iHmSo, here is the AMT E2 preamp pedal, which is based on the fa...

Comment

Originally posted by YeRedHouseOverYonder View Post
                  What kind of cab are you putting it through?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  1st play was through my Crate 120w head/Marshall 1960a with V30's/g12t-75's/gws30
                  2nd play was through my Randall RH200/cabinet with V30, g12t-75, swamp thang, texas heat.
                  Sounds pretty darn good in both. I like it as a brightly voiced tone monster.... I hear a SODOM tone in it.

I actually watched a couple comparison video's too before I ended up buying one.... sold me on it.

Comment

Working...
                  X