No announcement yet.

Shouldn't the tuner be last in line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shouldn't the tuner be last in line?

Slight hijack ...

Who has there's in the effects loop? I usually have it first, but I like my Flanger in the loop and I don't like running 4 - 20 foot cables for 2 pedals.
    -Greg

Guitars:
    2016 Ibanez RG6003FM (JB/'59nJ)
    2018 G&L Tribute Legacy (Hot Rails/stock/stock)
    2019 Squier Affinity Telecaster HH (Esquire'd w/ JB)
    Applause/Ovation AE28 Acoustic/Electric

Comment

If does not matter really, as long is everything is off the tuner does not care. I prefer having mine feed off a dead end signal from my ABY which is out of chain. The up front thing stems from several notions. One was the popular Boss tuner has a buffer and that can help your front end, can suck on some fuzz circuits though. The thought is having the cleanest signal in order for the unit to be able to detect and read it most accurately. Even when everything is off running through all the pedals and possible buffers can degrade the units ability to detect and read accurately. But all in all it does not really matter. If you are trying to tune with s fuzz or something on you need to rethink why the designers and makers of these pedals recommend recommend clean signal detection.
      "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
      You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

Hmm. I always thought it was Ronnie James Dio.

Comment

While I love that album, he made some really bad videos.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Ha! LOVE LOVE LOVE that song, and didn't even realize I'd put it in my title. (HATE HATE HATE that video, too.)

Comment

Yeah, and they only got worse a few years later.

Comment

Was there ever a good video? I am sort of glad it died out.
                Videos of lame quasi sci-fi, latent leather, and apocalyptic yada were always terrible, worse than C grade movies.
                Only things I have enjoyed in recent times with multiple watches are Jeff Beck Live At Ronnie Scott's and Zeppelin Celebration Day.
                "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
                You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

I think there were good videos, but mid 80s metal videos were not them. Beavis & Butthead were right. They were really the end of a lot of terrible 80s stuff.

Comment

First in my chain for me, well, after my wireless receiver, so I get the cleanest possible reading for tuning accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                    X