Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: a pedal that sounds like pearly gates

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I don't know, but it sells gear. No one would know of those little round fuzzes if it weren't for the pics in every guitar magazine (and Billy's stories) at the time. Who knows? Maybe he had a deal with the company, and he'd better help move these things or else they'd ask for them back. Guitar magazines are full of artist endorsements when the artist doesn't actually use the gear (it was really bad in the 80s and 90s).
    OT, but isn't that how the Ozzfest era was too? Half the bands had stacks of Krank amps, but back stage they were micing an old Marshall or Mesa Dual Rectifier or Mark series?
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I'll I say for sure is Billy is certainly the coolest cat around and he could play a rubber band and make it sound good. It's a sort of irony I guess when someone reps a pedal and you try using it only to find out a great player made a crap fest sound cool.
      I do not know about most but it really annoys me and is a huge integrity issue when "artists" endorse gear they do not ever use. I do not think I ever see them the same way again.
      "A great player can make just about anything sound decent, a poor one can make great gear sound bad.
      You know what they say, 'if you cannot hear the problem, it does not exist, ...for you."

I insist you hate me because I am pretty.

Comment

Not a foolish question at all.

And there is one. It's called the Simble. Made by Mad Professor. Makes a Strat or Tele sound like a guitar with humbuckers through a Dumble. I use one and it's as good in person as it sounds in this video.

Simble Overdrive into different amps next to a real 80's Dumble amplifier. This video is to show some similarities between the Dumble amp and the Simble peda...

Robben Ford is using the Palladium, BTW, but I think he uses it with a guitar with humbuckers.

The Captain meets the legendary Robben Ford.For more information on Robben Ford click here - http://www.robbenford.comFor more info on The Seymour Duncan Pal...

I use the Simble with both single coils and with humbuckers although the settings would be different.

I've also had good luck getting singles to sound like humbuckers with my Klon KTR.

And when I want to emulate humbuckers the humbuckers I have in mind are the Pearly Gates since that is my favorite set.
        Last edited by Lewguitar; 06-20-2016, 06:31 AM.
        “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          OT, but isn't that how the Ozzfest era was too? Half the bands had stacks of Krank amps, but back stage they were micing an old Marshall or Mesa Dual Rectifier or Mark series?
          I don't know for certain, but I'd believe it. Industry people know this stuff, but the average audience member at an Ozzfest show doesn't, and thinks Krank amps get the sounds they are hearing. I do think it hurts both the brand and the artist when we find out that it isn't what they actually use, though.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
          X