Big Muff Mod's....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Muff Mod's....

So I'm thinking I want to mod this fella to something closer to a Ram's Head. I was hoping that someone here could point me in the direction of some information that might tell me how to go about doing this? I greatly appreciate any info you can offer.....
    I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here???

Re: Big Muff Mod's....

MadBean's build instructions for their BMP clone have tables of the various component values for different versions. You'd have to relate their component tag numbers to the locations of those components in your NYC. It might be easier to simply build a MadBean board to Ram's Head specs and swap it into your enclosure.

IIRC, the NYC table in MadBean's instructions is one they added after I it to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Tra-la-laa, lala-la-laa!
    Rich Stevens

"I am using you; am I amusing you?" - Martha Johnson, What People Do For Fun

Comment

Re: Big Muff Mod's....

Ramsheads are nice. More midrangey, less gainy but less huge sounding than the one you have.

My personal favourite muff sounds are based on the "green russian" type (not much different to the one you have).
      First one is swapping the first pair of clipping diodes to LED's to increase headroom and smooth off the buzzy top end (dont worry there is still plenty of chainsaw sound in the second set of clipping diodes). You can do this on a ramshead too, or on your NYC.
      Second one is to replace C1 with a 10n cap to flatten the frequency response and remove the scoop.
      Massive tones that actually make a real green russian sound buzzy and small (I've ABed them).
      The red line is the modified eq line, the green one is the standard cap value.
      BOth of these mods sound good on a NYC.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	muff.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	5793202
      Last edited by Chickenwings; 06-12-2016, 07:06 PM.
      "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
      Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

Working...
      X