Got a couple new pedals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a couple new pedals.

So, I picked up a few things. A BBE Supa Charger, the Panther Cub, and the little DOD OD250. The cub was an eBay impulse buy. It's an amazing analog delay. Pricey, though. The Supa was a trade deal, and it's really solved some problems with my pedal board and noise. The OD250 is one of the hidden gems of the pedal world. Picked it up broken for $5, and fixed it up. Added true bypass, and fixed a power jack issue. It's so tasty as a boost, and a really fantastic dirt box.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
    Originally posted by Securb
    The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Re: Got a couple new pedals.

Originally posted by trevorus View Post
    The OD250 is one of the hidden gems of the pedal world. Picked it up broken for $5, and fixed it up. Added true bypass, and fixed a power jack issue. It's so tasty as a boost, and a really fantastic dirt box.
    Nice board. I have the YJM308 version of this. Supposedly, the exact same pedal but with the input/output caps values slightly different. I love mine. Would love to hear an extended review of this. Maybe clips. (I'll do some of mine too.)

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
      Nice board. I have the YJM308 version of this. Supposedly, the exact same pedal but with the input/output caps values slightly different. I love mine. Would love to hear an extended review of this. Maybe clips. (I'll do some of mine too.)
      Well, honestly, I've only just got it back together. But as far as I have seen so far, with single coils, keeping the gain around ten, and level to taste, it makes a great boost. Just the tiniest bit of tone alteration. A little more oomph. Turn up the gain, and you have a nice, smooth overdrive. The lack of a tone control is not at all a detriment, as it doesn't over accentuate highs. The internal values seem well specced to being a proper overdrive. I can tell already, it'll sit wonderfully in a band, and it has that proper usable clean range an overdrive SHOULD have that I had to mod into my old Blues Driver.
      Originally posted by crusty philtrum
      ...Gimme a call when it's time to take 'em out. I don't have a gun, but i have a very sharp pointy stick and enough negativity to take out a small country...
      Originally posted by Securb
      The only blackmachine I care about is sitting in my jeans.

Comment

Monte Allums does a mod to convert both of these back to Vintage Gray 250 specs. (Just ordered it.) I'll let you know how it sounds.

Comment

I'm glad you like the Panther Cub. I had one for a while but couldn't gel with it, so I got an El Capistan instead. Very different delays of course, but I just felt like the Cub was too dirty for me.

Now I have the Chase Bliss Tonal Recall, which seems like it does everything the Cub could but also literally infinitely (and I mean literally) more. I wish I could compare the two.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
          Custom neck-thru strat
          1989 MIJ 1962 RI Strat
          1995 PRS CE24
          D'avanzo #8
          Breedlove Solo Concert
          1996 USA Dean Baby Z
          1991 40th Anniversary Les Paul
          1968 Fender Bassman, Egnater SW45, Mesa Mark IIB Coliseum, Mesa ElectraDyne 1x12 Combo, Avatar 4x12, Mesa half back 4x12 Earcandy 2x12
          Roland RE-201 Space Echo, 70's Fender Reverb Unit

Comment

Working...
          X