X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• devastone
    replied
    Re: Suggest me a chorus

He just did, I think he meant CF instead of TC. Exactly what he said, for the 80s chorus for high gain sounds start with the TC Chorus/Flanger model in chorus mode, it's subtle enough to work well with lots of gain and compression. Oh yeah, put it in your effects loop or at least after any dirt pedals.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Thanks for the info Aceman! Im assuming you are referring to those settings on the CF and also assuming they are labeled that way on the pedal?
    Last edited by BloodRose; 08-01-2016, 10:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

I wanna try the Catalina.

Leave a comment:

• devastone
    replied

Did you mean the CF? It has those models and I agree, IIRC the TC Chorus/Flanger model was my most used.

Leave a comment:

• Aceman
    replied

For HAir Metal - the TC has THREE, count 'em three options…

#1 The Analog (Voodoo Lab model) will give the thick syrupy version (Think Twisted Sister)
    - Plus you get an EQ and Pre delay to keep it from getting too gooey! Not on Original….

#2 The TC Chorus Flanger will meet all of your Ratt/Dokken/Def Lep needs

#3 The Boss SC-1 will handle anything else.
    - And again, bonus pre delay to thicken it a bit if you want, and a bonus Low eq!

Seriously….how can you miss?

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Im wanting to achieve a nice hair metal rig.. Plus added versatility as I cant play like that. Im just missing the right chorus and delay. close, but... As far as chorus, if I could run my whole rig, Id be ok. I have a Rockman rack unit. (need to get a rack case for it) Only thing bad about it, is its either off or on, so figure Ill have to run it to one amp run two amps..? (new thread idea)

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

I mean, if Petrucci has tone prints for it ...

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Ascension
    replied

My chorus of choice is the Rocktron Deep Blue. I like a warm rich sounding chorus preferably analog and it must be quiet. I have owned everything from the Boss to TC electronics to Ibanez you name it and to my ear nothing else comes close. Got spoiled by Rocktron Chorus sounds back in the 1990's - early 2000's when I ran a Voodoo Valve rig. These once were only around $60 new but have been discontinued and have gotten pricey. I own 2 and love um!

Some of my old Rocktron clean tones.
    Last edited by Ascension; 07-30-2016, 08:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Originally posted by devastone View Post
    No, toneprints are all free. You can also download the software and create your own, again, free.

Oh yeah, if you get noise from the CF-7, try running it on it's own power supply, or it's own isolated power if you are running a brick with multiple isolated outputs.
    Thanks for both pieces of info! Will look into the power supply if it doesn't work with my power block. Its supposed to be in excellent shape, scored for $45. I hope it fits the bill.. Im tired of the hunt.. wanna get my board done and be good for awhile.. 2 more things after this. Delay and power supply for board 2

Leave a comment:

• devastone
    replied

Good luck, that is a cool chorus/flange/vibe pedal!

Leave a comment:

• loversmoon
    replied

That's what I'm trying to land now. Put an offer in on ol evil bay. We shall see if I land it

Leave a comment:

• Demanic
    replied

How about the TC Dreamscape?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• devastone
    replied

No, toneprints are all free. You can also download the software and create your own, again, free.

Oh yeah, if you get noise from the CF-7, try running it on it's own power supply, or it's own isolated power if you are running a brick with multiple isolated outputs.

Leave a comment:

• BloodRose
    replied

Well, threw down on a used CF7. we'll see. If not, will have to try the corona or catalina. Im a modeling newbie. does it cost to add the tone prints to the pedals?

Leave a comment:

• loversmoon
    replied

Yep and as I said warm lush chorus that doesn't hiss like a snake when distorted. I've narrowed it down to visual sound h2o, corona and the dreamscape

Leave a comment:

Working...
X