Suggest me a chorus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Suggest me a chorus

I listened to many chorus effect pedals, the analog pedals like the Catalina and Boss Wazu seems to be a little meatier than the digital chorus pedals I have heard. The dynamic control of the Catalina pushes it to the top of my list.

Comment

Originally posted by Southbound Suarez View Post
      Vibralux Tube Chorus - Vibrato

Never seen one of those before.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
        For you guys who have played the Digitech CF7 and a few of the REAL ones it models... Do you find the models pretty close?? Reason I ask.. Playing the CF7, (if the models are authentic) it takes a few off my list.. One of the funny things.. I havent had a whole lot of time to play with it yet... But the setting I like the best so far .......Is the last one, which is a model of the Boss CE5 which is what I was wanting to replace... haha
        Sorry, I found useful tones with the CF7, but haven't played a lot of the ones it models. Sounds like you can do a side by side with the CE5 ;-) It also sounds like you like 80s chorus, oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
          Never seen one of those before.
          Effectrode makes it along with several other tube driven effects...

http://www.effectrode.com/

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
            Sorry, I found useful tones with the CF7, but haven't played a lot of the ones it models. Sounds like you can do a side by side with the CE5 ;-) It also sounds like you like 80s chorus, oh wait, I forgot who I was talking to
            Im all about the 80s Bro!! Yeah, gonna do a side by side when I get the time to do it right. Yeah, I haven't ruled out the CF7. Definitely have NOT had time to give it a fair trial. I just thought it was funny that the best tone I had so far was the CE5 model..

Its hard too, cuz I KNOW Id get a much better chorus sound running more than one amp.. But its impractical..
            Last edited by BloodRose; 08-04-2016, 10:04 PM.
            Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by Southbound Suarez View Post
              Vibralux Tube Chorus - Vibrato

Cool looking!! Im always intrigued by pedals with tubes!
              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

homebrew THC does the 80's
                Crash49 - my music on amazon and itunes
                http://a.co/8ht5Qes

Comment

Now Thats What Im Talkin Bout!! Ok Brethren.... Made a "mistake" today.... Plugged my CF7 up tween the Splawn and PV classic 30. WOW!! MANY MANY good chorus tones.. Even the Voodoo setting which didnt impress me with just one amp.. I Knew that this would Improve the tones as this is the nature of the Chorus is to spread the sounds. Only thing is... It makes it even harder to find a tone that sounds good with just one amp.. Had a good jam today, but now the key is gonna be going back to one amp and finding the best sound..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

If a chorus* needs* stereo to sound passable, and sounds bad in mono, IMO its not a very good chorus to begin with.

YMMV.
                    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

I agree. Doesn't need it to sound passable.. just SOOO much better!!! Still trying to find the right one that Im happy with mono..

Jol Dantzig

Comment

I bought a Lovepedal Butterfly Kiss this weekend. Can't wait till it arrives

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

• Suggest me a chorus

Keeley Seafoam+
                          Out of the dozen or so I've owned (and a dozen more I've tried) this is the best mono one I've owned. A lot of the stereo ones are very weak when used mono.
                          My second favorite would be a VFE Choral Reef. Which I couldn't get at the time I bought the Keeley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I plugged my CF7 up to the amp and was getting a good bit of hum. (going into the front) and got worse once pedal turned on... Normal?? was using an adapter..

Tried the Keeley and its pretty amazing!!

Jol Dantzig

Comment

The chorusses I know are [retty authentic. THing with the CF7 is, though, it is soooo tweekable. Spend a little time - especially with the non-original adjustments.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                                The chorusses I know are [retty authentic. THing with the CF7 is, though, it is soooo tweekable. Spend a little time - especially with the non-original adjustments.
                                Oh yeah! Had it a week or two and have found several really good settings.. Just cant figure out why it was making so damn much noise into the amp tonight..??

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                                X