Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadle Resistance/Stiffness

So I have the Dunlop GCB80 volume pedal --

From picks to pedals and every accessory in between, Dunlop Manufacturing has been creating world-class gear for musicians for over 50 years. We consistently create the best selling picks and analog electronics, and carry a large line of accessories that set industry standards in their respective fields. We have a long list of legendary and modern-day superstars who all share a passion for our gear. Whether it’s pushing new innovations with our string line, or tweaking classic sounds with our vintage pedals, there is a dedication to music at the heart of everything we create.

-- that works in a Crybaby housing and uses a pot like a Crybaby. But it moves way more easily than my Crybaby, to the point where I can't set it somewhere and lift my foot up without knocking it out of place, and I can't pull it all the way back and leave it cutting off the whole signal, because when I do, it's so loose that it falls forward a little bit. So my question is, does anyone know how to make the treadle action a little stiffer on a Crybaby housing like this?

Re: Treadle Resistance/Stiffness

Take the bottom off the pedal and look inside, you'll see two nuts down the center line of the pedal, they attach to a metal strap which goes over the pivot bar that connects the top rocker to the bottom part of the enclosure and also controls the tension of the pedal. Tighten them up a little bit and test it to find the tension you like.

I googled for a pic of the inside and this blurry one is the best I could find. You can see the two nuts, one right below the circuit board in the center and one aligned with that first one farther down in the pedal.

www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Re: Treadle Resistance/Stiffness

That fixed it! Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X