Vapor Trail problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vapor Trail problems

Hey guys! I have been running a vapor trail in the effects loop of a Mesa Boogie mini rectifier, and recently it has randomly been going crazy, doing the whole self-oscillating thing, but it does it randomly in the middle of playing, without touching the repeat knob. When it does it, there is some hissing coming through, and if I tap the pedal chassis or push the footswitch in half way, it usually stops. I had been keeping it on my pedalboard with a couple long cables running out of it to my effects loop, and when it was there, I had it running off of a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2. I recently moved it behind my amp on top of my cab, and it's running on a duracell battery now. Any ideas what could be causing it? Is this a simple fix or is it something seriously wrong?

Re: Vapor Trail problems

It sounds like for some reason, the repeat pot might be accidentally getting disconnected, so it temporarily goes to 100% feedback. You may want to contact the factory (at the bottom of the home page) for suggestions of what to try, or to send it back. Is it doing this with the battery too?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It does it with a battery and a power supply.

Comment

Contact us via the home page, and we can let you know what to do. If you have trouble contacting anyone, send me a PM.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
        X