banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just Ordered An Eclipse Valve From Officially Licensed Circuits......................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Ordered An Eclipse Valve From Officially Licensed Circuits......................

I was going to purchase a Mod Kits DIY Persuader pedal, but decided on the Eclipse Valve because of it's pure tube signal path (no transistors) and it is more of a transparent clean boost using both triodes of a 12AU7 vacuum tube. I am looking forward to this build and playing through this pedal.

Re: Just Ordered An Eclipse Valve From Officially Licensed Circuits..................

Nice. Not much of a fan of starved tube OD's and don't much like the demos I've heard of the Persuader. But the Eclipse Valve sounds good as a boost. Like the wide range design of the tone control and the switchable input options. Don't know if it would make a difference in a starved design but I have a load of NOS 12AU7's (wish I had as many 12AX7's for my amps). This pedal may be something I'm interested in. Post your thoughts when you get it built.

Comment

Re: Just Ordered An Eclipse Valve From Officially Licensed Circuits..................

I used to own a pair of Xotic RC pedals and I liked them a lot. I have two BK Butler Blue Tube pedals and one Real Tube pedal. I use them as more of a clean boost on the input of different rigs. One of my Blue Tube pedals I had punched a hole in the side and created a noval to octal socket adapter and installed a 6SL7 tube which protrudes out of the side of the pedal. Sounds really good. I do experiment with tube rolling and I will do that with the Eclipse Valve. I bought four 12AU7 to 6SN7 adapters and I am running my Vox Lil' Night Train with two 6SL7s and one 6SN7 with excellent results.

Comment

Working...
      X