banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered A Pair Of Mod Kits DIY Pedal Kits...................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeffblue
    replied
    Re: Ordered A Pair Of Mod Kits DIY Pedal Kits...................

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
    How would you describe the sound? Pure, or adds grit? Bright, dark, or neutral? I just looked at that kit last night and I am considering it.
    The Pile Driver is a good starting point for a kit. I recommend it. This particular pedal adds grit but it is more subdued than many. I was hoping for something more transparent clean boost, but it is more of driver for your amp. I was mistaken in my earlier post about the pedal being a clean boost. In all truth, I may not be using this pedal in any of my rigs.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Locher
    replied

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post
    I just finished building my pile Driver. There is absolutely no room in the pedal housing to fit a vacuum tube so I built the pedal un-modded. The pedal sounds great. Success on my first pedal build. Now I've started building the Persuader pedal and since it is point-to-point wiring, everything is clustered inside the housing. I won' be modding this pedal either. I also ordered a Verb Deluxe to be built at a later date. I am still waiting for my Officially Licensed Circuits Eclipse Valve to arrive.
    How would you describe the sound? Pure, or adds grit? Bright, dark, or neutral? I just looked at that kit last night and I am considering it.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffblue
    replied

I finished the Persuader pedal and I have troubleshot the unit and have discovered that I have no voltage at the drain of the MOSFET when the power is applied. Did I damage my MOSFET? Anyone have an idea?

Leave a comment:

• drwx
    replied

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
    I just skip the frustration and measure them with my multimeter before I start. I just draw out a grid on a piece of paper, copy the list of resistors from the bill of materials, then start populating and soldering. It also tells me in advance if I'm missing any.
    I did something similar when I built my amp. I used painters tape to hold the resistors to the sheet of paper by one of the leads.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffblue
    replied

I just finished building my pile Driver. There is absolutely no room in the pedal housing to fit a vacuum tube so I built the pedal un-modded. The pedal sounds great. Success on my first pedal build. Now I've started building the Persuader pedal and since it is point-to-point wiring, everything is clustered inside the housing. I won' be modding this pedal either. I also ordered a Verb Deluxe to be built at a later date. I am still waiting for my Officially Licensed Circuits Eclipse Valve to arrive.
    Last edited by Jeffblue; 06-30-2016, 09:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• misterwhizzy
    replied

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
    I've built maybe 4 BYOC kits. Those were fun. Just take a rest when you get tired. It is really easy to confuse those color bands on the resistors. This causes big problems later.
    I just skip the frustration and measure them with my multimeter before I start. I just draw out a grid on a piece of paper, copy the list of resistors from the bill of materials, then start populating and soldering. It also tells me in advance if I'm missing any.

Leave a comment:

• Mincer
    replied

I've built maybe 4 BYOC kits. Those were fun. Just take a rest when you get tired. It is really easy to confuse those color bands on the resistors. This causes big problems later.

Leave a comment:

• Shooter.556
    replied

I always buy kits during the winter. They make great cold weather projects.
    I'll either hit up eBay for boss pedals or buy kits.
    I wanna do a blues driver and a ts9 this year and maybe a way.

Leave a comment:

• Darg1911
    replied

Im sure it will work out. Far as I know, they are legit.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffblue
    replied

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
    Thought you just ordered that OLC Eclipse Valve. You're on a roll. Enjoy building. Still want to hear back on the Eclipse if it's still in your plans.
    I typed a few messages to OLC and I still haven't received a reply. Usually takes about 48 hours for a reply and it still hasn't happened. I sent the money, just waiting for the pedal kit to arrive. Hope I hear something or some kind of acknowledgement.

Leave a comment:

• Darg1911
    replied

Thought you just ordered that OLC Eclipse Valve. You're on a roll. Enjoy building. Still want to hear back on the Eclipse if it's still in your plans.

Leave a comment:

• misterwhizzy
    replied

I'm a recent entrant into the world of pedal building. It's a blast! Enjoy yourself, and good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Ordered A Pair Of Mod Kits DIY Pedal Kits...................

I ordered a Persuader tube pedal kit and I am considering adding a transistor bypass switch or eliminating the transistor altogether. I also ordered a Pile Driver pedal which is a clean boost and I am considering adding a 12AU7 or variant to this pedal. A tube clean boost should sound really good.
Working...
X