banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered A Pair Of Mod Kits DIY Pedal Kits...................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordered A Pair Of Mod Kits DIY Pedal Kits...................

I ordered a Persuader tube pedal kit and I am considering adding a transistor bypass switch or eliminating the transistor altogether. I also ordered a Pile Driver pedal which is a clean boost and I am considering adding a 12AU7 or variant to this pedal. A tube clean boost should sound really good.

Re: Ordered A Pair Of Mod Kits DIY Pedal Kits...................

I'm a recent entrant into the world of pedal building. It's a blast! Enjoy yourself, and good luck!

Comment

Thought you just ordered that OLC Eclipse Valve. You're on a roll. Enjoy building. Still want to hear back on the Eclipse if it's still in your plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Darg1911 View Post
        Thought you just ordered that OLC Eclipse Valve. You're on a roll. Enjoy building. Still want to hear back on the Eclipse if it's still in your plans.
        I typed a few messages to OLC and I still haven't received a reply. Usually takes about 48 hours for a reply and it still hasn't happened. I sent the money, just waiting for the pedal kit to arrive. Hope I hear something or some kind of acknowledgement.

Comment

Im sure it will work out. Far as I know, they are legit.

Comment

I always buy kits during the winter. They make great cold weather projects.
            I'll either hit up eBay for boss pedals or buy kits.
            I wanna do a blues driver and a ts9 this year and maybe a way.

Comment

I've built maybe 4 BYOC kits. Those were fun. Just take a rest when you get tired. It is really easy to confuse those color bands on the resistors. This causes big problems later.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                I've built maybe 4 BYOC kits. Those were fun. Just take a rest when you get tired. It is really easy to confuse those color bands on the resistors. This causes big problems later.
                I just skip the frustration and measure them with my multimeter before I start. I just draw out a grid on a piece of paper, copy the list of resistors from the bill of materials, then start populating and soldering. It also tells me in advance if I'm missing any.

Comment

I just finished building my pile Driver. There is absolutely no room in the pedal housing to fit a vacuum tube so I built the pedal un-modded. The pedal sounds great. Success on my first pedal build. Now I've started building the Persuader pedal and since it is point-to-point wiring, everything is clustered inside the housing. I won' be modding this pedal either. I also ordered a Verb Deluxe to be built at a later date. I am still waiting for my Officially Licensed Circuits Eclipse Valve to arrive.
                  Last edited by Jeffblue; 06-30-2016, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by misterwhizzy View Post
                    I just skip the frustration and measure them with my multimeter before I start. I just draw out a grid on a piece of paper, copy the list of resistors from the bill of materials, then start populating and soldering. It also tells me in advance if I'm missing any.
                    I did something similar when I built my amp. I used painters tape to hold the resistors to the sheet of paper by one of the leads.

Comment

I finished the Persuader pedal and I have troubleshot the unit and have discovered that I have no voltage at the drain of the MOSFET when the power is applied. Did I damage my MOSFET? Anyone have an idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffblue View Post
                        I just finished building my pile Driver. There is absolutely no room in the pedal housing to fit a vacuum tube so I built the pedal un-modded. The pedal sounds great. Success on my first pedal build. Now I've started building the Persuader pedal and since it is point-to-point wiring, everything is clustered inside the housing. I won' be modding this pedal either. I also ordered a Verb Deluxe to be built at a later date. I am still waiting for my Officially Licensed Circuits Eclipse Valve to arrive.
                        How would you describe the sound? Pure, or adds grit? Bright, dark, or neutral? I just looked at that kit last night and I am considering it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Locher View Post
                          How would you describe the sound? Pure, or adds grit? Bright, dark, or neutral? I just looked at that kit last night and I am considering it.
                          The Pile Driver is a good starting point for a kit. I recommend it. This particular pedal adds grit but it is more subdued than many. I was hoping for something more transparent clean boost, but it is more of driver for your amp. I was mistaken in my earlier post about the pedal being a clean boost. In all truth, I may not be using this pedal in any of my rigs.

Comment

Working...
                          X