Neunaber Expanse Software update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neunaber Expanse Software update

Ver 2.7 released tonight. Added flanger, phaser and phasing doubler.

Home of Quilter Amplifiers and Neunaber effects. World's best digital effects and analog solid state guitar amplification.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Re: Neunaber Expanse Software update

Ain't gonna lie. A lot of "meh"

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Aaagh! 3 days ago I decided I needed a Flanger, sat there thinking I really must email Brian and suggest a Flanger Programme be released for the expanse range , being lazy I didn't bother and went and bought a MXR Micro Flanger (which BTW is superb, I'm amazed at the musical sounds I can get out of that thing) anyhoo, I was over the moon when I saw the flanger released so I thought "brilliant" as I can sell on the MXR, eagerly downloaded it and squirted into one of the 4 patches on my WET (I designed and built my own EXP pedal, writing the software and using an Arduino micro) and was totally underwhelmed, flicking between Chroma Chorus and Flanger I hardly noticed any difference between the two, Flanging is weak and far too subtle it just sounds like a Chorus, I find I have to max all three controls to get anything out of it, I wonder if I need to change to Unity Power Sum (whatever that is!) and If I do will that impact my WET??

Comment

Someone on TGP suggested a few trim settings within the software for the flanger. I'm going to try that tonight and hopefully get my flange on. Don't know the answer to your other question.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I emailed Neunaber and here's what they said, I'm going to try this tonight and I'll report back.....

"For the new Flanger effect, I would suggest running the Mix knob at the maximum (100% Wet) while using the Steep End Drop mix setting. This is the default mix setting for the Expanse-series Wet Reverb, and the pedal should be set to this already as mix settings are separate from the effect algorithms themselves. You can check out the Advanced setup guide for more info on the various mix settings. For this particular effect, I find that the regen virtual trim pot is best at the stock minimum value, although you can turn up this control for a more metallic Flanger sound."

Comment

I played with it a lot last night. Changed settings while it was hooked up to my iMac. The stock was better than my efforts. It can't touch my TC Helix. Not even in the same ball park.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

That said the wet reverb, hall, plate and springs are all worth the price paid. The added chorus is good. I have other echo options.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Agreed, I have a Chroma and a WET, just bought the Immerse Reverb so I'm converting the WET to an Echelon, And Adding the Flanger as a second effect to my chroma, I can switch between them with my Home designed EXP Pedal (I'll never want Flanger and Chorus at the same time). And, yes, their effects are superb but for me the flanger is the weakest and currently isn't kicking my MXR Micro Flanger off my board...I love that thing!

Comment

It's a first effort flanger and free. Hard to argue with that.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Absolutely agree, Neunaber stuff is superb, I have three of their pedals, Wet, Chroma and immerse, I'm just reporting my thoughts and to see if anyone thinks the same as me, I'm sure they'll tweak it!

Comment

They do have a history of continuing to innovate and make things better. I'm very impressed by the Wet and ExP

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

I'm very impressed by the possibilites and the quality of the immerse and the slate , you can hear the expanse 2.7 update here .

Comment

Working...
                        X