New Old Pedal Day, with question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Old Pedal Day, with question...

I made an amp trade and the guy threw in an old MXR Distortion +, the mustard yellow one. My question/possible problem is unity vol seems to be only possible with the pedals level around 3:00 or 4:00. Is this normal? I have had newer versions of the pedal but not familiar with the older units. I did, clean it really well, pots, jacks, etc.

Re: New Old Pedal Day, with question...

Sorry, I can't help you with that one. I have an old MXR Distortion+, but I only use it with both knobs full up to slam the front of the amp.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Totally normal.

Comment

Normal. You will also find the controls are interactive. Meaning as you move the gain and volume around the tone changes. Experiment and have fun. As you get to know it, you'll find lots of useful sounds all over the place.

Comment

Thanks guys!!! I did find they were interactive, now to experiment!

Comment

Working...
          X