I've hit rock bottom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I've hit rock bottom

Not a huge MZ fan. I had one a few years ago and I totally destroyed it while trying to do Monte Allum mods to it...

I would find the Behringer version if you really want one, or get a used model. Otherwise, there's other distortion boxes that are way better.

Check out Lone Wolf FX, I had a chance to jam on a Black Mesa pedal last week through a Marshall and a Sunn O))) beta head and it was brutal sounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by frostopsy View Post
      Not a huge MZ fan. I had one a few years ago and I totally destroyed it while trying to do Monte Allum mods to it...

I would find the Behringer version if you really want one, or get a used model. Otherwise, there's other distortion boxes that are way better.

Check out Lone Wolf FX, I had a chance to jam on a Black Mesa pedal last week through a Marshall and a Sunn O))) beta head and it was brutal sounding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I did better, I got a MZ clone given to me free. The clone sounds alright when dialed in. Not a sound I see myself using a lot but useful.

Comment

^^
        I sent mine to Keeley several years back. Never regretted it. Even at the original MT-2 setting, it has more clarity and tonal range. The modded modes can hurt you, especially through a half stack.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

No matter how nasty Metal is supposed to be, there's better tools than a Metal Zone these days.
          Got one laying around? Mod it. Don't have one? Get something different.

I don't know, are those Blackstar dirt pedals any good?
          Epiphone LP Standard PlusTop Pro
          Ibanez SZ320 / A8 DD103 bridge.
          Ibanez RG270 / Screamin' Demon bridge.

Egnater Tweaker 15 Head / Laney Cub 8 / 2x12 - Celestion V30+K100
          Line 6 M13 and plenty of stompboxes I rarely use!

Comment

^^
            So wait, are you saying that a modded one could do the job?

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X