TC mojomojo and dark matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TC mojomojo and dark matter

Not taking the stupid name for the od pedal into consideration, anyone care to opine? They seem to get lots of positive reviews everywhere, and are very affordable.

Most of the reviews/demos seem to be from the type of players who run them into a clean amp, but I am curious about them as a goose (boost) for an already cranked amp.

TIA
    I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Re: TC mojomojo and dark matter

I've never regretted buying mine...
    "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Thanks for the response! Do you use them as stand alone gain stages or use them as a boost to an already driven amp?

I'm surprised no-one else has chimed in with the apparent popularity of these.

Maybe forum bros are scared of being pedal-shamed by the righteous
      I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

TC makes generally good stuff. I doubt it's fear of pedal shaming.

I've never tried the MojoMojo, but I did try the Dark Matter before. I didn't care for it, but that's just me.

Pretty sure you could still goose an amp and use minimal gain from the pedal. I haven't seen many that don't work in this way, unless it's an older pedal that doesn't have much in terms of overall volume on tap like the Japanese Boss Turbo Overdrive.

Comment

I've owned the dark matter for a while and sold it again. I did not like the way the bass worked together with my amp at the time (H&K TM18). It had way more bass than I cared for and not quite the mid character that I liked. Looking back, I also did not like the amp and have sold it, so that may have contributed (quite) a bit.
          Unbelief is safe, because it takes no risk and almost always gets what it expects.

When your passion begins to decline, you already start to die. You were born to burn.

Comment

Originally posted by MrTondo View Post
            I've owned the dark matter for a while and sold it again. I did not like the way the bass worked together with my amp at the time (H&K TM18). It had way more bass than I cared for and not quite the mid character that I liked. Looking back, I also did not like the amp and have sold it, so that may have contributed (quite) a bit.
            That the thing... Certain pedals work better with certain amps. What sounds horrible with one might be the tone of the gods with another.

Comment

My big amp is a Genz-Benz El Diablo (a bass heavy amp), but I have not run the MojoMojo and the Dark Matter through it. The clean channel on the amp is *very* clean (and very pedal friendly), but the dirty channel has a wide pallette of grit (from a light dusting to full blast scouring). I'll see if I can give it a run this weekend, and let you know.

I have used the MojoMojo in front of my Hayden L'il Mofo combo (used as a head on a 12" cab), and it worked well there, when set for both clean and grit.
              "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

I have 2 of the Mojomojo pedals, one for each of my boards. I use them in front of a clean Fender HRDx or Blues Jr. The MjMj pedal is a very affordable and flexible MIAB and I use it as a darker edge of breakup base tone for my fuzz pedals.
                stilwel
                My YouTube Videos click HERE
                My Soundclick Site for Audio Clips click HERE

Comment

Working...
                X