No announcement yet.

I dont mean to start something but....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I dont mean to start something but....

Sort of go through the same thing. In my case it's Paul Cochrane's Timmy that I always go back to and then wonder why I switched to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
      It is recommended to keep at least a few buffers in your rig though. Preferably one right at the start of your peal board and one at the end... In between doesn't really matter unless you're stringing together dozens of pedals. Mind you, personal experience is the older Boss pedals from Japan and the early Taiwanese ones have better buffers than newer ones (except maybe the Waza models). There are definitely better buffers out there than Boss's though. If you don't have a decent one built into a pedal, consider a standalone one.

All TB with zero buffers will hurt tone just as badly as having all buffered pedals with an ok or poor quality buffer. ...of course, if you only have a few pedals, all TB may be fine.
      Does'nt affect me..I'm not really into using lots of pedals. Don't have a pedalboard.. so a couple of them (delay/reverb) in the loop is all I need. The Boss's were'nt sucking tone, I just found I hardly ever used them. The only pedals I really care about are distortion/drive pedals & harmonizer's & I tend to not actually use those much after I buy them ..prefer plugging straight into the front of my amp(s) for my sound.

Then I discovered Nux pedals (TC Electronic clones/$30-50 or so..) and they replaced the Boss delays/reverb's and stuff...so it's all fine now..I'm nicely set up
      "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
      If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Being able to play the amp is often more important than the amp itself

Same with the pedal…

If it works it works!
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
          Does'nt affect me..I'm not really into using lots of pedals. Don't have a pedalboard.. so a couple of them (delay/reverb) in the loop is all I need. The Boss's were'nt sucking tone, I just found I hardly ever used them. The only pedals I really care about are distortion/drive pedals & harmonizer's & I tend to not actually use those much after I buy them ..prefer plugging straight into the front of my amp(s) for my sound.

Then I discovered Nux pedals (TC Electronic clones/$30-50 or so..) and they replaced the Boss delays/reverb's and stuff...so it's all fine now..I'm nicely set up
          Yeah, if you only connect a couple pedals at a time, you probably don't need the buffers. Someone like me with lots of pedals needs them.

I've been curious of the Nux pedals myself. Other than a good Rat style pedal and maybe a big muff and fuzz face, I'm pretty much done with my pedal collecting (I have enough OD and Distortions to get almost any sound I want); but I'm interested in getting a few more modulation effects and reverbs and maybe a looper of some sort (I have all the delays I need until an affordable Tap delay comes along).

My plan now is to set up small, purpose built pedal boards along with one larger board that is pretty much a general purpose board that can get a few different sounds.
          Last edited by ThisDyingSoul76; 07-10-2016, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
            ive bought and sold a sd1 three times. the last time i bought it, i swore i was keeping it till i die. i pull it out every once in a while and it sounds great. i dont like the buffer so i grow weary of it and end up going to a true bypass pedal but it always sounds great to fresh ears.
            If I sold everything that I couldn't use as my "everyday" sound I wouldn't own anything!

Because nothing satisfies me enough that I don't need to take a break from using it for it for a while and then come back with fresh ears after a few months and so I can like it all over again.
            “Practice cures most tone issues” - John Suhr

Comment

Working...
            X