X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seymour duncan pickup booster

hi
    i have a Boost : this is the Marshall bluesbreakers

i want to know if the pickup booster has a warm tone because my boost is like that but it makes hum

too much hum

so, how is the pickup booster ?can we have sustain and feedback?

does it really transform the single coils in a strat to humbuckers ?

my boost can do that too

Re: Seymour duncan pickup booster

The bluesbreaker is an overdrive pedal so it is very different to a clean boost.
    "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
    Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

The Pickup Booster is a clean boost, so it doesn't really warm anything...the resonance switches work with single coil pickups to reduce some highs, but it isn't 'warm' like an overdrive pedal is. It is dead quiet, though (although if your guitar is noisy, it will boost that noise, too). The new Killing Floor boost pedal is warmer sounding.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by gibson175 View Post
        The bluesbreaker is an overdrive pedal so it is very different to a clean boost.
        false
        not true
        the bluesbreakers pedal has 2 functions: overdrive and a clean BOOST
        it is a powerful boost
        25 db ?

the 2d function is a real overdrive to sound like Clapton with his Bluesbreakers

yes, i will see the killing floor model
        Last edited by always SD; 07-08-2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by always SD View Post
          false
          not true
          the bluesbreakers pedal has 2 functions: overdrive and a clean BOOST
          it is a powerful boost
          25 db ?

the 2d function is a real overdrive to sound like Clapton with his Bluesbreakers

yes, i will see the killing floor model
          The BBII doesn't get a lot of love. When pedal forum denizens talk about the Bluesbreaker, they mean this pedal:

The original Bluesbreaker is the basis for the Analogman King of Tone and many, many other pedals.

Comment

if the "killing floor " is a 34 db boost

how much db has the http://www.seymourduncan.com/pedal/pickup-booster ?

THE ANSWER IS 25 : )
            now i must find the result for the bb 2
            Last edited by always SD; 07-08-2016, 07:36 AM.

Comment

why do you say "http://www.seymourduncan.com/pedal/killing-floor"
              The Killing Floor High Gain Boost is both a volume boost and a musical amp-like overdrive all in one.

and about the "pickup booster" can't it be like a boost and a musical amp-like overdrive all in one too ?

Comment

the pup booster is just a clean boost. even at full boost it doesnt distort at all itself. it can push the amp into overdrive though.

the bb2 is not the same as the bb as was stated before. i have no idea what the boost function of the bb2 sounds like

the killing floor (so it says, i havent seen one in the wild yet) is a boost but will itself distort at its upper ranges, more like an old germanium boost than a clean boost

Comment

Working...
                X