Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mooer Black Secret Vs Mooer Blade Metal Vs TC Electronic Dark Matter

Anyone had any experience with these?

I'm considering buying one of these, as they are all cheap but have great reviews among people who use high-end/costly stuff (I'm a budget guy), so any info or recommendations out of these, or similarly priced pedals would be welcome. Thanks,

Dave

Re: Mooer Black Secret Vs Mooer Blade Metal Vs TC Electronic Dark Matter

I believe the Black Secret is a Rat clone. If that's the sound you're after go for it. Not sure what the Blade Metal is based on or if the Dark Matter is based on anything at all. They're all great pedal, just depends what flavor of dirt you want.

Comment

The Dark Matter is a good basic distortion with bass and treble controls instead of a tone, it's definitely not a metal pedal, the name can be misleading (kinda like the Screaming Demon). As mentioned, the Black Secret is a Rat clone with a switch for turbo or vintage modes (turbo uses LEDs for clipping so it's crunchier and has a lot more output, vintage uses silicone diodes for clipping so it has more compresssion and is smoother, but less output).

Sorry, can't help you with the Blade.
      Last edited by devastone; 07-09-2016, 09:58 AM.

Comment

According to this thread, the Blade Metal is either the EHX Metal Muff or the Boss Metal Zone

Discovered Mooers recently, and I'm gonna jump on at least 5 of them soon. I'll probably end up paying less than one boutique or two mass-production gadgets! Thought I'd put together a list of the circuits these little buggers are based on, and here's what I have so far: Mooer Ensemble King -...

Comment

How does this cheaper RAT clone that's in the same style as the black secret compare to the black secret, does anyone know? It's half the price, but raving reviews on Amazon (which could mean that it's great, or that loads of beginners love having a cheap distortion pedal, so I would value some experienced opinions) so if it's the same pretty much, then that could be the best option...

ENO Myomorpha RAT

Comment

Originally posted by geetard View Post
            How does this cheaper RAT clone that's in the same style as the black secret compare to the black secret, does anyone know? It's half the price, but raving reviews on Amazon (which could mean that it's great, or that loads of beginners love having a cheap distortion pedal, so I would value some experienced opinions) so if it's the same pretty much, then that could be the best option...

ENO Myomorpha RAT
            https://www.amazon.co.uk/TC-13-Music...+Myomorpha+RAT
            My experience with Eno products has been positive. Haven't used this specific product... It's on my radar as a future purchase though. I bought the Eno Trouble, which is an OCD clone and it's right at home with the much more expensive pedals on my board. Jury still out on durability, but it seems like a really good bang for the buck pedal. I'd love to AB it with a real OCD but the local Fulltone dealer doesn't have one in stock.

Comment

I honestly think Eno is simply rebranding the Mooer pedals

Comment

Working...
              X