Bass wah on guitar..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bass wah on guitar..

Lots of misinfo AND corrections too! Great job everyone LOL!

I love using bass wah on guitar, and keep my Ibanez Weeping Demon in the "low" setting. Yes the Dunlop bass wah is inductorless, more like a parametric sweep. I've thought about buying it for guitar. You will probably love it. There are a couple pots to tune it, definitely mess with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Myaccount876 View Post
      That's cool then. The way it used to be was what I described.
      Yeah. As much as I love Dunlop and their wah's, and the idea of a switchless wah, that was the big issue for me. I like to be able to affect my low register the same way I do the high register. For me, the most notable bass wah song is For Whom the Bell Tolls and when I hear it live, I like the way Rob or Jason would keep the pedal on after the bass intro was done and would make some really cool noises on their lower notes. At 0:35 in this video is the best way to explain it.

Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
      Line 6 Helix
      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny the Kid View Post
        Yeah. As much as I love Dunlop and their wah's, and the idea of a switchless wah, that was the big issue for me. I like to be able to affect my low register the same way I do the high register. For me, the most notable bass wah song is For Whom the Bell Tolls and when I hear it live, I like the way Rob or Jason would keep the pedal on after the bass intro was done and would make some really cool noises on their lower notes. At 0:35 in this video is the best way to explain it.

The wah stays on until you take the foot off or roll it all the way back. Rob Trujillo uses it.

Comment

Sounds like he had some distortion going on with it, too. Any idea which one?
          "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
            Sounds like he had some distortion going on with it, too. Any idea which one?
            I haven't followed Metallica for quite a while, but Cliff used to use a Morley Power Wah Boost as well as a Big Muff and I've heard that Jason used a Proco Rat.
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Working...
            X