X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasshu the humanoid typhoon
    replied
    Re: Zendrive

One sweet pedal for sure, not that I am into that sound much....but I love the dynamics and such from it!

Leave a comment:

• aleclee
    replied

Don't use mine much but my ZD is one of the few pedals to survive my embrace of digital amps. It's an OG model built by Hermida back in the day.

Leave a comment:

• YeRedHouseOverYonder
    replied

I haven't. I've only used or owned a couple of his ODs and "amp in a box" pedals. That chorus is a custom run, the two demos I heard were good tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

Tried a Butterfly Kiss chorus?

Leave a comment:

• YeRedHouseOverYonder
    replied

Lovepedal makes great pedals. The new Black Caucus Kalamazoo is on point. I'm still looking for a Les Lius which is essentially a 5e3. Nice score man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rodney Gene
    replied

Originally posted by Scott_F View Post
    Grabbed one of these to try. I'm quite impressed. Keeping the 5F6A 4x10 Bassman I built at non ear bleeding volumes, this baby really gets a beautiful power tube distortion sound going. This is the best OD I've tried for my ears so far. But this is but another stop on the journey.
    Nice pedal brother Scott. I use one, I personally would also recommend the Free The Tone SOV, Providence SOV, Van Weeldon Royal OD, Ethos OD, Ethos Fusion, Wiz Pedal D, Menatone Howie and GS Red if you dig the ZD feel and want to pursue that OD style. I use those also and a few other D Style pedals. They are all different, all touch sensitive, cool with different guitars and make for a super fun tonal exploration. I had the GS124 for a month or so but it was too chewy and chubby, even with single coils. The ZD changes feel depending on what guitar/amp you run it through for certain but it will always work in some capacity for me, even stacking. Have fun.

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
    Pretty interesting what you can do modifying a Tube Screamer, isn't it?
    I understand what you mean globally and 'internet-ly' but speaking only from my own experience, the ZD has a unique component layout, different clipping diode arrangment, MOSFETS, passive tone control, passive 'cut' control, and certainly a unique feel and sound different than the TS. The only real similarity and any 'claim' to a TS design is that both are op-amp based circuits. I use about 10 D-Style OD's pretty consistently, and I have tried at least 10 more. Some have been direct TS style circuits with a feedback loop (back to back silicone diodes, active tone control) with an added capicitor in the circuit to cut top end via a potentiomenter, but I can always tell immediatey when I plug in and get that hard mid bump grind. Dumbloid and Big Bloom are two TS clones that had no relation to other D-Style pedals. Zendrive, not so much. Alf designed something cool IMO. Cheers, RG

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Cool, I got the red Guitar Center edition. Plays really nicely with the Fender style circuits!

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    replied

Yeah the one listed as "old school" currently on his page.

Leave a comment:

• PFDarkside
    replied

Pretty interesting what you can do modifying a Tube Screamer, isn't it?

Did you get the new Lovepedal built one?

Leave a comment:

• Scott_F
    started a topic Zendrive

Zendrive

Grabbed one of these to try. I'm quite impressed. Keeping the 5F6A 4x10 Bassman I built at non ear bleeding volumes, this baby really gets a beautiful power tube distortion sound going. This is the best OD I've tried for my ears so far. But this is but another stop on the journey.
Working...
X