Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free The Tone - Chorus. Video demo

Hey ya'll, excellent day to you.

I have been working with a high-end company out of Japan called Free The Tone.
    I have been using their gear for a bit over a year now and recently I had the good fortune to join their artist roster. http://www.freethetone.com/en/article/artists.html

They have a superb chorus called the Tri-Avatar. Nice footprint, real-life useable sounds. Lush, natural but stays out of the way. Innovative next level gear.
    I wanted to share it with you.

My own demo is not so 'flashy' but focuses on where I live with Chorus as a musician. I wrote tracks with Police, Peter Gabriel, Genesis, Floyd, Roxy Music in mind. It shows gain, clean, lead and picking with chorus. Sounds best listening in stereo. If you have seen any of the demos I have done for Jason and Stephanie Lollar you'll hear alot the FFT gear.

Thanks for listening and a great weekend to you, RG

Disclaimer: The final demo is 4:30 mins and moves along nicely. The company shared this 'first draft edit' one and it just has too many legs out there now to change. Ignore any fluff.

Rodney Gene Junior - My Artist Page And Gear Affiliations Austin Texas

Re: Free The Tone - Chorus. Video demo

Cool freaking demo Rodney!

And bravo for playing clear and clean without overdoing it. It's about the pedal, not your chops. Well done.
    Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Well, that was pretty d___ tasty...

Sent from my iPad using a bunch of electrons, copper, and probably some fiber optic cable
      "Screw regulations. Bring the noise."

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
        Cool freaking demo Rodney!

And bravo for playing clear and clean without overdoing it. It's about the pedal, not your chops. Well done.
        Thank you, appreciate the cool post and compliments brother. Chorus isn't the easiest thing to showcase in a song IMO. It is much easier to be impressive with chorus on bass or with an isolated guitar or in stereo in an effects loop. In front of amp? Less so. The Tri-Avatar is unique, blends naturally and it stays out the way if you want.

Originally posted by jtougas View Post
        Well, that was pretty d___ tasty...
        Cheers! Thank you.

Comment

Sounds great!! I love the subtleness in which you use it. That's how I like to use a chorus as well. Great playing and writing as usual!!

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
            Sounds great!! I love the subtleness in which you use it. That's how I like to use a chorus as well. Great playing and writing as usual!!
            Brother JJ- thank you! Appreciate the listen and the post. Yeah, I understand what you mean. This was the first chorus I could play some leads with and feel confident and not too swirly. Yuki Hayashi is a real next level innovative engineer. RG

Comment

So, I've got to ask. What is going on when at certain times it shows your settings, and then it shows them digitally, or whatever? Like at 1:12 it shows digital numbers as opposed to your regular knob settings.
              Last edited by JOLLY; 07-30-2016, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                So, I've got to ask. What is going on when at certain times it shows your settings, and then it shows them digitally, or whatever? Like at 1:12 it shows digital numbers as opposed to your regular knob settings.
                FFT shared this 'first draft edit' version before we finished so a couple of text labels were left out. You are seeing the Tri-Avatar Chorus and then you are seeing the Flight Time Delay (the delay panel looks like Back to the Future control panel). I used them both during the demo.

Comment

Working...
                X