Vapor Trails vs TC Flashback Triple?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vapor Trails vs TC Flashback Triple?

The delay will be used mostly in a studio but once in a while live. Has anyone heard both units and can explain the sound between the two. Almost thinking get two VT; one for short delay and the other for long ones for live use. I generally prefer a clean analog sound over digital but I never heard the Flashback. I assume it's better than the delay on my Vox Tonelab.

Re: Vapor Trails vs TC Flashback Triple?

The FBx3 allows you store toneprints in all slots & use three at a time if i remember right. I have the regular FB, it's a good pedal, toneprint editor is useful. You might like the nova repeater as well but its discontinued, the FB does have analog dry through signal though.

Don't have any experience with the vapor trail.

Comment

The Vapor Trail is a true analog delay, so it sounds warm and fuzzy. They are really 2 different beasts, but unless you need all the bells of the TC, I'd pickup the tone of the VT every time.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks for your responses; after reading some reviews and hearing a lot of examples on YouTube and comparisons using my high end headphones I decided I will go for the TC Flashback Triple. I did not realize that the analog delay is only mono. I want stereo delay with the possibility of ping pong if I so desire. I think I will still get the Vapor Trails in the future if the TC analog setting does not provide enough of the analog sound the VP provides.

Seymour Duncan did their homework before they released these units. With a lot of pedals already out there, they had to make their pedals high quality and offer interesting features to compete in this market. I think they accomplished their goal quite well.
        Last edited by Revelation Sound; 08-02-2016, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X