Boss TU2 acting strange...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boss TU2 acting strange...???

The other day i was jamming with a friend of mine in my house and when he saw i was using a crappy and flimpsy behringer tuner, he suggested that it's a joke having a bunch of expensive pedals and then tuning with a piece of plastic. So, there i go, bought a boss tu2 pedal......!!!!!!

Holy ****, that behringer crap was awesome, and boss tu2 is giving me hell. The way the behringer pedal was connected and the way i want to use the boss tu2 is in the tuner out jack of my Boss FV500L volume pedal which is placed after all my od/distortions.

Now while the behringer was tuning perfectly, and captured the note asap, the boss is unable to tune, it fails to detect the correct note 9.9/10 times. It also fails to tune if i connect the tuner "in line" after the output of the volume pedAL.

Strange thing is that if i connect my guitar directly to the boss it tunes PERFECTLY ok.

WTF is wrong with that pedal?

Re: Boss TU2 acting strange...???

Any effects placed before a tuner can alter what the tuner sees. Phaser, flanger, distortion, wah, chorus, & many other effects can exaggerate harmonics or change the pitch so your tuner reads wrong. Either turn off all effects before tuning, or move the tuner to 1st in the chain. I hope this helps.
    Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

What baritone said.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

As said...first in the chain.

Comment

Put it first in the chain.

Bill
          When you've had budget guitars for a number of years, you may find that your old instrument is holding you back. A quality guitar can inspire you to write great songs, improve your understanding of the Gdim chord while in the Lydian Mode, cure the heartbreak of cystic acne--and help you find true love in the process.

Comment

Working...
          X