No announcement yet.

Why are so many wah pedals buffered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why are so many wah pedals buffered?

Isn't the reason because OD's and Fuzz's tend to play nicer with buffered wah's, and can be positioned before the wah without squealing?
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
      Isn't the reason because OD's and Fuzz's tend to play nicer with buffered wah's, and can be positioned before the wah without squealing?
      See Post# 14.

The Foxrox Wah Retrofit is a self-contained FET buffer/amp circuit that gets installed into your Wah Wah pedal, giving it the ability to cut through any Fuzz Face or Fuzz Face clone. By essentially installing a "real" output section, the Wah Wah pedal becomes immune to the effects of loading, restoring range and depth to older, vintage Wah wah pedals without affecting their vintage value. Newer, high-end "boutique" wah pedals, such as Teese RMC pedals also benefit from this mod because they are based on the same, classic inductor-based circuit. Since it is a basic FET audio buffer/amplifier, this circuit can also be added to effects pedals that need more output, as well as effects that need more drive at the input.

Comment

in my opinion the biggest problem with a buffered wah is if the buffer is bad quality, and by bad quality i don't mean cheap, for example some really good fet buffers aren't more expensive to make than 2 bucks, but still they can be affected by bad quality noisy fets, same applies to ic based buffers, so as long as the buffer is good the wah will be good

i don't know about the 535q but the crybaby from hell, which is based on it has a really nice buffer, you can't tell there's a wah on the chain until you step on it and make some noise haha

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
          I take that back, it looks like the 535Q is now listed at True Bypass on the website, so if you go with that one be sure to get the new version. It is a great sounding wah.

+1. Dunlop is continually revising their wahs and making improvements, the 535 series has gone through a few enhancements. The latest GCB95's have a red fasel.
          "Completely Conceded Glowing Expert."
          "And Blueman, I am pretty sure you've pissed off a lot of people."
          "Wait, I know! Blueman and Lew can arm wrestle, and the winner gets to decide if 250K pots sound good or not."

Comment

Originally posted by Southbound Suarez View Post

The Foxrox Wah Retrofit is a self-contained FET buffer/amp circuit that gets installed into your Wah Wah pedal, giving it the ability to cut through any Fuzz Face or Fuzz Face clone. By essentially installing a "real" output section, the Wah Wah pedal becomes immune to the effects of loading, restoring range and depth to older, vintage Wah wah pedals without affecting their vintage value.
            I've got several wah's, and while I don't always combine them with my many fuzz's and OD's, my Dunlop Jimi chrome top w/Foxrox buffer is the one that plays the nicest with pedals.
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

because of the beatles

Comment

Working...
              X