Helix for just pedals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helix for just pedals?

I've been looking at the Line 6 Helix a bit recently. It looks amazing, but I'm not really one for emulations of amps, so if I had it, I would just use it as a pedalboard and hook it up to my amp with a 4-cable method. The $1500 price tag is fairly steep if I was just going to use the effects part of it, would it still be worth it to eventually get, or would I be better off with something else?
    Epiphone Explorer w/ SD Distortions
    Charvel Desolation Soloist w/ EMG 81/85
    Squier Standard HH Strat

Re: Helix for just pedals?

If you just want effects, I would check out the Fractal FX8, it's been discussed here before, I think it was in a GT-100 thread.

Comment

Didn't think about the FX8, I'll check it out
      Epiphone Explorer w/ SD Distortions
      Charvel Desolation Soloist w/ EMG 81/85
      Squier Standard HH Strat

Comment

Or the M9/M13.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The effects on the Helix are outstanding, but like others have said, a Helix would be overkill if you only wanted effects.

I would wait awhile, though. I have a gut feeling that the effects from the Helix are going to end up on some sort of stripped down model to compete with the Axe FX8.
          Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

Yeah, I love the Fractal, but I would suspect, as Line6 has always done, to see their flagship technology trickle down to several other products for years to come. I love the M-series, so that is something available now, and fairly cheap.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
              Or the M9/M13.
              This! I dig the Helix and Fractal units, but for the money, it's hard to beat an M9 or M13. My M9 and Plexitone (or the BE-OD coming soon) could be a complete "fly rig", but at much less than the cost of the Helix or Fractal.
              "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Comment

Working...
              X