End of the road board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the road board?

Okay, so I've been working on my "end of the road board" lately. Small, simple, and excellent. So transparent. Best sounding board I've ever put together. My other two (much larger) boards aren't going to get much play time from here on out. May give one to my son and dump some of the other pedals. I'll likely be adding a Friedman BE-OD soon, and may eventually add a quality modulation pedal (Eventide H9?) to do some chorus/flange/rotary/trem FX. But that's not a big hurry. Pretty damn happy with this board running into my Friedman Smallbox. Will be trying it through my Splawn Quickrod this weekend and I fully expect it to kill there as well.

P.S. I haven't cleaned-up the wires or anything yet. Just want to make sure that everything will be somewhat permanent before I really tidy it up.

"Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

http://www.soundcloud.com/jwflamenco

Re: End of the road board?

Just found a Strymon Ola for a good price and made an offer, so if the seller accepts, I guess that this pedalboard will be complete. If the Ola is as good as the El Cap and Blue Sky, then my board will be officially "amazing".

Rats... the Ola sold before my offer could be accepted. Would still like one, but haven't seen any in that price range yet. I'm also looking at the Petrucci TC Dreamscape as a possibility.
    Last edited by Red_Label; 08-19-2016, 02:31 PM.
    "Always remember... all you do in life, comes back to you" - Roy Kahn, formerly of Kamelot, during the intro to "Karma" on their One Cold Winter's Night DVD

Comment

There is no gear "end of the road," only this one.

Here's the "end of the road board"

Last edited by Gearjoneser; 08-19-2016, 03:11 PM.
      Originally posted by Boogie Bill
      I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Cool stuff, I love the El Capistan and Blue Sky. Will they be in the loop of the Splawn?
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser View Post
          There is no gear "end of the road," only this one.

Here's the "end of the road board"

Well, by "end of the road" I mean that there aren't really any superior comparable pedals. Kind of like my Anderson guitars, and Friedman and Splawn amps. There aren't any "better" amps out there... just different.

And I've decided that an Eventide H9 will be my modulation/Swiss Army Knife pedal. Another pedal that's impossible to top

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Cool stuff, I love the El Capistan and Blue Sky. Will they be in the loop of the Splawn?
            I play my Smallbox most of the time. But when I'm in the mood for the Quickrod, I'll patch this board into that instead.

Comment

I would hate on the uber-ness of it….but I see what you are saying. I have lived, I have loved. I'm not a pro but I have a great job. I'm going small, I'm going simple….but I'm doing it in style.

Nice….

$20 says it doesn't make it 24 months before something gets swapped.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Very nice! And I dig the Mission pedals a lot. I use an SP-2.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  I would hate on the uber-ness of it….but I see what you are saying. I have lived, I have loved. I'm not a pro but I have a great job. I'm going small, I'm going simple….but I'm doing it in style.

Nice….

$20 says it doesn't make it 24 months before something gets swapped.
                  Nothing got swapped, but my music store buddy did send me home with the Strymon Ola on Saturday, and I moved the Big Joe volume pedal over from my big board. I'd still like to try an Eventide H9 at some point, but other than that I can't imagine wanting for much at this point.

P.S. The wiring will be tidied-up shortly. Just wanted to make sure that I liked everything where it was. Will probably move my MXR power supply over from the big board to replace the two One Spots. Or get a Voodoo PS.

Last edited by Red_Label; 08-24-2016, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Very nice! And I dig the Mission pedals a lot. I use an SP-2.
                    The Rewah Pro is definitely awesome. Still getting it dialed at this point (I've had my BBE Ben Wah and Vertex modded BBE for several years and love them both)... but the Mission Rewah is easily the best looking pedal I've ever owned. That candy purple is just such a knock-out color.

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Label View Post
                      The Rewah Pro is definitely awesome. Still getting it dialed at this point (I've had my BBE Ben Wah and Vertex modded BBE for several years and love them both)... but the Mission Rewah is easily the best looking pedal I've ever owned. That candy purple is just such a knock-out color.
                      I was about to ask if that was the Rewah. I love my Mission expression pedals that I've got. Some of the most solid feeling pedals I've ever played. Plus they just look so classic.
                      Schecter ATX Blackjack C7 BKP Painkiller (B) and Abraxas (N)
                      Hagstrom Hj800 Jazzbox stock pickups
                      Fender Jazz Bass EMG MJ Set
                      Music Man SUB Ray5 stock pickups
                      Line 6 Helix
                      Dunlop Strings and Picks

The opinions expressed above are my own and do not reflect normal levels of sanity.

Comment

Harlow. Yes.
                        Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
                        My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

Would LOVE to have a guitar in that candy purple color!!! Whats the small light bluish colored pedal at the top right?
                          All I can make out is Cusack..
                          Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Originally posted by BloodRose View Post
                            Would LOVE to have a guitar in that candy purple color!!! Whats the small light bluish colored pedal at the top right?
                            All I can make out is Cusack..
                            I would LOVE to have a CAR in that candy purple, as well as a guitar. It's just so rich.

The tiny blue pedal is the Cusack More Louder. Just a simple boost pedal with a volume knob and a toggle (that I can't really tell the difference when toggling back and forth). It sounds WONDERFUL as a boost in front of the amp. But I've got it first in the loop of my Smallbox to kick-up the volume for solos. Works great for that too.
                            Last edited by Red_Label; 08-26-2016, 06:45 AM.

Comment

cool! Thanks for the info! Yeah, a new Vette, Challenger or Camaro in that color would thrill me!!
                              Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Working...
                              X