Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR FET DRIVER

i don't know if you know these 2 models

Black or white? http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/fet-driver http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/bonamassa-fet-driver http://www.jimdunlop.com/images/pro…

it's quite the same design

i read it sounds different and that it sounds the same

just a new design, price and signature

so? mxr says it has a unique circuit and not really? we don't know

Re: MXR FET DRIVER

Originally posted by always SD View Post
    mxr says it has a unique circuit and not really? we don't know
    If I've learned anything from pedal companies it's this: never believe a ****ing word until you look inside the case.
    Originally posted by Myaccount876
    Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

just marketing

Comment

Can't think of many instances of manufacturers outright lying (I can think of some, who I'm not naming), but there are *too many* instances of companies using a few blanket buzzwords to make their product seem grander than it is.
        Originally posted by Myaccount876
        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

only one answer lol

Comment

The subjective nature of human perception. There have been pretty definitive studies that bear this out. For instance, food dyed blue is nearly always judged to be less tasty than the same food dyed red or orange. The food is no different, but the experience of tasting it is.

Yes, there's marketing that takes advantage of people's suggestibility but the fact that there's a perceived difference is not mere bullsh*t. Things genuinely seem better to us if we paid more for them, especially if we're associating them with a big name when we listen. The not-so-secret psychology behind celebrity endorsements of all sorts.

Most of us like to think we're discerning listeners who know what we're doing. But none of us is entirely immune from human nature.

And dealing with something as subtle and subjective as tone and feel, small component differences from one unit to another can come into play so I think even a blindolded side-by-side test wouldn't be enough. To be truly definitive you'd need to do a bilndfold test using half a dozen of each model. Not likely to happen.

EDIT: Of course, circuit boards and schematics don't lie. Usually...
            Last edited by eclecticsynergy; 08-21-2016, 01:54 PM.
            "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

just blabla lol
              have you these pedals to talk to us about the sounds?

MXR says it was the same sound but they write "unique circuit"
              i read that these pedals have a different sound but
              i have not found a comparison with a video
              Last edited by always SD; 08-22-2016, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X