boss dd3 vs RV3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boss dd3 vs RV3

I had a boss dd3 a looooong time ago and pretty much have always wanted it again but never bought one.

But it'd be handy to have a verb pedal too.

My question is: does the delay of the rv3 match that of the dd3? I recall the dd3 being so clear even with a lot of gain. Not sure if the rv3 can pull that off or if it's a totally different delay type.

And if I loved the dd3 does that mean I should also love the dd7, and maybe get that one instead for the additional features?

Thanks
    Last edited by DankStar; 08-22-2016, 12:12 PM.

Re: boss dd3 vs RV3

I have a DD6 and it's a great pedal, so I imagine that the DD7 is every bit as good plus an extra feature or two.

But the only thing I can tell you is that I've always read that Boss' reverb isn't that great. I can't speak personally to their pedals, but this is the case with my VF-1 processor. The other effects on it are good, but the reverb is...meh.
    Wanted: 1982 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Serial Number 82232531.

Comment

cool thx. good to know about their reverb.

Comment

The RV-3 is a great pedal. Delays, Reverbs, and Delay + Reverb settings! Probably putting it back on my electric board next week or two….

That said - it is not the same. Way different adjustments. I'll have a DD3 for certain things, the RV-3 for other things. And not the same things.

If you love the DD3, sure you'll dig the DD5,6,7, etc…But if all you want is delay, why pay?
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

update - picked up a dd3. thanks for all the tips.

Comment

FWIW, man did I miss that sound. I have it set so it's kinda in the background, but when I stop I can hear a few repeats. I thought I may have needed a reverb, but I think this is what I was after. Just something to juice up my leads in an inspiring way. Nice to have it back.

Comment

There is a time and a place for crystal clear repeats. A lot of times, and places….

Don't get me wrong - RV-3 is a bad@$$ pedal. Stomp and BAM - right into epic delay/long reverb for massive dramatic solo….

But I love my DD3. It's a desert island pedal.
              Originally posted by Bad City
              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
              X