Pedals in the effects loop...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pedals in the effects loop...?

I'm the one guy on the planet that doesn't like delays after the amp/distortion. For me, when the repeats get gradually both quieter and cleaner but darker, it sounds more natural (like real reflections off a mountain in nature) and doesn't clutter the tail of the sound. When the delay is after the amp/distortion, then all the repeats have equally-loaded levels of distortion start to mud together and make a mess of the tail of the sound - to my ear. A nice studio-quality reverb is about all I can stand after the distortion.

Comment

I will be putting things in my loop soon enough. I just need to stop buying pedals and focus on getting more and better cables.

Comment

Due to space and all, I used either my little Hughes and Kettner solid state amp or my PV Classic 30 for years, so got in the habit of running pedals in front. I recently got my pedals set on an actual board and now Im trying to learn the "awesomeness that is the fx loop".. : ) As Im learning more about how to use it, Im really liking it..
        Believe me when I say that some of the most amazing music in history was made on equipment that's not as good as what you own right now.

Jol Dantzig

Comment

Been running a 31 band Peavey rack eq in the loop of my Carvin XV212. It lets me set the onboard eq for one channel and use the one in the loop for further sculpting. Still getting it dialed in, but I Like It!

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X