X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your current fav FUZZ ?

Just curious.

I also feel i 'NEED' another fuzz
    Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Re: What is your current fav FUZZ ?

Not really a fuzz but Duncan's 805 or pickup booster is what I use to get the overdrive/distortion that sounds the best to me.

Comment

Since it's the only fuzz I have, I guess it's my (right now) favorite! It's a Joyo Voodoo Octave Fuzz and for a low dollar pedal, it's providing a great deal of fun at the moment. Like the Dano French Toast, the Voodoo is based on (or a clone of) the Foxx Tone Machine.

I've had a couple of French Toasts and thought they were darn good. As far as which one sounds more like the Foxx, I have no idea. The Voodoo is a much better fit than the Dano for me. It can do the rude and nasty thing like the FT, but to my ears the Voodoo has a smoother, more musical tone. The octave up on the Voodoo is quite nice too.

This pedal has a nice variety of fuzz tones and a huge amount of gain on tap also.

Comment

I've been playing my Red Dunlop mini Fuzz Face a lot lately. It's a really good fuzz, not quite at the refined status as my Analogman fuzzes, but the bottom is huge and it gets really sloppy and nasty which is fun with my Strats.

If I were to buy one fuzz now, it would be the Analogman Peppermint Fuzz. Cool take on the 60's style fuzz (and I have a million Fuzz Face and Big Muff pedals now, but only a clone of a FuzzRite and a clone of a Maestro)
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Visual Sound Angry Fuzz. It's currently my only fuzz and I want more but I love this one. Being discontinued and not a huge seller in its day, they are tough to find used but worth grabbing if you see one for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            I've been playing my Red Dunlop mini Fuzz Face a lot lately. It's a really good fuzz, not quite at the refined status as my Analogman fuzzes, but the bottom is huge and it gets really sloppy and nasty which is fun with my Strats.

If I were to buy one fuzz now, it would be the Analogman Peppermint Fuzz. Cool take on the 60's style fuzz (and I have a million Fuzz Face and Big Muff pedals now, but only a clone of a FuzzRite and a clone of a Maestro)
            Id love to get me a fuzzrite or a maestro clone.

Comment

analogman sunface nkt275.
              "Technique is really the elimination of the unneccessary ... it is a constant effort to avoid any personal impediment or obstacle to acheive the smooth flow of energy and intent"
              Yehudi Menuhin

Comment

The Devi Ever Soda Mieser is one unruly beast I'd love to try and tame too.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisDyingSoul76 View Post
                  Visual Sound Angry Fuzz. It's currently my only fuzz and I want more but I love this one. Being discontinued and not a huge seller in its day, they are tough to find used but worth grabbing if you see one for sale.

W O W . . . i did not even notice they got discontinued.
                  Tele, SG, LP Jr, '76 Ibanez Artist & Tokai LS92 + FUZZ boxes into a '66 AB165 Bassman & 2X12 (55Hz Greenbacks) / '73 Orange OR120 & 2X12 (V30 & SwampThang) / Orange Thunderverb 50 & PPC212 / Marshall Vintage Modern 50 & 2X12 Genz Benz g-Flex / Laney Klipp / Laney AOR Pro Tube 100

"...it's a tree with a microphone" - Leslie West

Comment

Boss FZ-2, Keeley RAT, Ibanez 7th Heaven
                    Turn me on, Dead Man.

Comment

HomeBrew Electronics Germacide, have had this on my rehearsal board for a number of years....

Comment

Chicago Stompworks Ram's Head Clone. Great Gilmourish tones and more.

Comment

red dot analog man sunface is my favorite but ive been enjoying the silicon keeley blacktop fuzz a lot. the nkt is a pita with the temp and humidity of the summer so the keeleys been getting way more action. the sunface has so many beautiful shades of dirt between 1-9.5 on the guitar volume and is fat/round/wooly when the guitar is on 10. the keeley is less wooly but a little more aggressive. it sounds remarkably warm for silicon but doesnt clean up nearly as well as the sunface

Comment

My Noel Cornet
                            Warmoth Group @ Flickr : SDUGF group @ SoundCloud : Basic Guitar Setup

Blog @ Izdihar.com : Pics @ Flickr

I dream of a better world, where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned

Comment

My favourite is a Dunlop Fuzz Face. The light blue Hendrix one. I like to do a lot of in-between stuff with the volume on my guitar, and Fuzz Faces seem to work best for this.

Next is an EQD Hoof Reaper. It stacks really well into an already dirty amp, makes my amp sound like the speakers exploding, and cleans up fairly well with the guitar's volume. The Hoof side is kind of muff-ish, but palm mutes better. The Reaper is Tone-Bender-ish, and it has an octave feature that'll turn either of the Hoof or Reaper into an octave fuzz. The octave effect can also be used separately, with will turn a high gain amp channel into an octave fuzz.
                              || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Working...
                              X