• Show
Clear All

Re: Need help on pedals - achieving ambient tone cheap

Click image for larger version

Name:	pedal board current.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	5794189
    Im using this setup currently. The second row consists of the TC DreamScape (John Petrucci signature), TC Flashback, TC Hall of Fame mini. From there the signal goes to the Boss DD-3 then to the TC Spark mini.

The DD-3 is set to similar to a dotted 8th note delay with a ton of feedback and then the HoF mini is set with a nominal amount of Reverb with whichever TonePrint is selected, and the TC DreamScape is set to a subtle vibrato effect. When all 3 are combined, the effect is a very nice ambient guitar tone that sounds somewhat like an organ.
    sigpic"Praise HIM with the Strings" Psalms 150:4

Comment

I've done ambient music for over 20 years. I wrote an article about building an ambient pedalboard. A good, controllable looper is a must.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Get a Line 6 M5 or M9 used and go nuts. The M5 can be whatever you want it to be.

Comment

Originally posted by guitarSQUIRELL View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]74818[/ATTACH]
          Im using this setup currently. The second row consists of the TC DreamScape (John Petrucci signature), TC Flashback, TC Hall of Fame mini. From there the signal goes to the Boss DD-3 then to the TC Spark mini.

The DD-3 is set to similar to a dotted 8th note delay with a ton of feedback and then the HoF mini is set with a nominal amount of Reverb with whichever TonePrint is selected, and the TC DreamScape is set to a subtle vibrato effect. When all 3 are combined, the effect is a very nice ambient guitar tone that sounds somewhat like an organ.
          How much does it cost you to afford those pedals you mention?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
            I've done ambient music for over 20 years. I wrote an article about building an ambient pedalboard. A good, controllable looper is a must.
            Ahhh I've read your article before writing this post. I havent really look into seymour duncan's pedals yet so...

Comment

Working...
            X