banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro Philosophers Tone Pedal Chain Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Philosophers Tone Pedal Chain Question.

Dear Smart people,
    I went ahead and got myself a Micro Philosophers Tone. Question. As I can't really try it out at my condo, I would like your opinion.
    I use this occasionally for a long sustaining note. Or I hope to. I am not sure where it would work best for this in my chain. So: from my
    guitar to my amp: Tuner> J.Rockett "Dude"O.D.> J.Rockett Archer> DD3 Delay> HOF Reverb> Fender HR Deluxe 40 watt clean channel on 4.
    My "Dude" is on with a touch of grit all the time, a really great pedal. I use the Archer as a lead boost for 75% of my solos.
    So, where would you put a killer compressor for occasional extra sustain use.
    Thank you,
    Steve B.

Re: Micro Philosophers Tone Pedal Chain Question.

its hard to say where is best. after the tuner? after the dude? after the archer? i tend to think it would be best and least noisy after the tuner or the dude. after the archer will probably be fairly noisy

Comment

I don't always use a compressor but when i do it's before all of my drive effects.
      green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

Empty Pockets,
        Can you you say why?
        Thanks,
        Steve B.

Comment

Originally posted by SJ318 View Post
          Empty Pockets,
          Can you you say why?
          Thanks,
          Steve B.
          Because a compressor boosts noise. If you put most of them after a gain pedal it magnifies whatever hiss that pedal produces. I found this to be true with a Philosopher's Tone, so I imagine it would be the same with the mini version. BUT, it is worth trying in either spot because your settings can make a big difference.

Comment

Hi SJ318
            On Boss Multifx the Compressor is the 1st thing in the chain. I put mine immediately after the tuner.
            I also have a full size Philosopher's Tone. Mine stays on, so I put the Mix to 1/2, Sustain to 3/4. Agree with Dave Locher 100% about noise. Wish the Mini Philosopher was available when I got mine, though the J Rockett Archer actually makes the fuzz knob usable, I still don't care for it. Congrats on getting a great compressor.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X